Part 34

Jeremiah and Skye hop onto the dancing machine.

Everyone laughs when Skye absolutely batters Jere, and he falls behind.

"Yes Skye!" I yell.

A smile grows on their face when they realise they're winning.

One gets plastered across mine too.

"You look happy." Conrad says to me.

"It's nice to have everyone get along again." I tell him.

He nods and lets out a little chuckle, before stepping away again.

The game finishes and I give Skye a high five, which surprisingly, they accept.

We all take a break while waiting for the next game, and Jeremiah walks over to me.

I look up at him and smile.

"Do you still play soccer?" He asks out of no where.

"Yeah," I pause. "I'm not captain anymore though."

"Why not?"

"It was the final, two days after we'd gotten the news about Suz, I couldn't do anything properly," I stutter. "My coach was furious and removed my captaincy."

"You're so good though, hopefully you'll get it back next season."

"Yeah, maybe."

I stand there for another few seconds until Steven walks over, and I go over to Conrad and Taylor.

"Hey, Y/N!" She yells as she steals my bear and kicks it at me.

I hit it into the air and it reaches the other side of the arcade.

We both burst out laughing as I go to retrieve it.

"Oh god, is that gonna be your new thing?" Con asks us.

"Maybe." I grin as Taylor heads off and I walk away with Conrad.

"Wait," I sniff. "Do you smell that?"

"What?" He questions me, very confused.

"I think, I think I smell a come back."

"Oh, do you? Do you?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"You sure about that? Cause if you're sure, I mean, I'd be willing to make a side bet."

"Carry on."

"I was just think, if you wanted to, maybe whichever one of us loses has to ride the Tower of Terror? Maybe?"

I chuckle.

"You used cry every time you looked at the Tower of Terror."

"Um, well, no."

"I'm very excited to see it happen again."

"Okay, it's a deal."

I put my hand out for a handshake.

"Uh-uh." He shakes his head, before sticking out his pinky finger.

I roll my eyes playfully, before wrapping mine around it.

"You're on." I smirk.

~~

We stand in a four outside of the go carts area and I give us a team talk.

"When I woke up this morning, I did not expect to be here. I used to be crazy about the great boardwalk showdown, maybe too crazy, but anyway, all I used to care about was winning, but now, I care about us, Taylor, for being a great a friend, Belly, I guess you've been an okay sister, and Skye, we just met, but you've got some great dance moves," I breathe for a moment. "When Con chose his team, he thought he had it in the bag, we are gonna prove them wrong, I know I said I don't care about winning but, that's obviously a lie, so let's go and win this shit, yeah?"

"You can be as inspirational as you want y/n, we are gonna kick your asses!" Steven shouts as all the boys run past us.

We ignore him.

"All right, let's do this!"

"So you mind if I sit this one out? My feet hurt from dancing." Skye tell us.

"Sure." I nod.

We all get into our karts, Steven and Jere, Belly and Taylor, then Conrad and me in singles.

"Drivers! Start your engines!" Cam shouts. "Ready, get set, Go!"

Everyone starts speeding away, Con and I in the lead, with Jere and Steven last.

"You're going down!" Conrad yells.

"Eat my fucking dust, bro!"

Just as we come up to the finish line, after a few laps, Conrad sneaks up behind me and wins by a single hair.

"Fuck, no!"

After racing, we walk through the sweet shop, looking for our favourite candies.

"Get ready to pay up, y/n," Con tells me.

"I could pay, I made tons of money shorting Bitcoin," Skye recommends.

"You're such an interesting person," Belly tells them.

"Is it weird that I'm having an existential crisis about this?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"If I'm not good enough for boardwalk games, how will I be good enough to be soccer captain again?"

"Y/N, I've been to more than enough of your games to know that you're the best soccer player I know, don't be hard on yourself," Taylor assures me.

I sigh.

"Sorry to interrupt," Conrad clears his throat.

"Is it time?" I ask, my heart beginning to pound.

"It is time, the Tower of Terror awaits."

"We're gonna go get you a barf bag," Jeremiah says as he and Steven head off with everyone else.

Conrad stays behind.

"It's tough for me to say, but you've done good today, I will ride the Tower of Terror with you."

I smile, gratefully.

"Oh thank fuck, I'm terrified." I walk off quickly and hear him chuckle.

~~

We stare up at the Tower in fear, as it creeps up to the top, and suddenly drops.

When everyone gets off the ride, we head on.

As the ride slowly rises, he looks over at me.

"Don't worry egg, we'll be fine," He tells me. "I'm right next to you."

When it reaches the top, we don't speak, but we rapidly interlock fingers, keep our hands in a tight clasp, and look each other in the eye, until all of a sudden we fall to the floor.

I scream louder than I ever have before, and when we are safely on the ground, I wrap my arms around him and giggle.

I head over to Taylor and Belly.

"Interesting."

"What?" I ask, but I know exactly what she means.

"Nothing, just interesting."

'Oh no, I'm falling in love again,'