News

Rory and Logan spent the few days following Rory's graduation moving into their temporary apartment, and on Friday they saw a doctor for the first time. After getting over the initial shock of finding out that Rory was pregnant, they were actually both pretty excited about it. The part that Rory absolutely hated though, was that she was sick pretty much every single day.

They were sitting in Logan's car, outside the doctors office, staring at a sonogram picture that the nurse had printed out for them.

"Wow" Logan said. "That's..."

"Scary" Rory said

"Yeah" Logan nodded. "Seeing that makes it...real"

"The puking did that for me" Rory said. Logan put his hand on her knee and squeezed gently. "So, I was thinking that I probably have to tell my grandparents tonight"

"Really?" Logan asked. Obviously they'd have to know eventually, but he didn't think Rory would want to tell people this soon.

"I don't know how I'm gonna avoid it. I'm going there for dinner and the first thing they're gonna do is offer me a drink"

"Do you want me to come with you?" Logan offered. He didn't really want to be there when Richard and Emily found out that he got Rory pregnant, but if Rory wanted him there he would go.

Rory chuckled wryly. "You know, I'd take you up on that offer but I'd like for my fiancé to stay alive long enough to meet his baby"

Logan chuckled. He leaned over, put his hand on Rory's cheek, and kissed her. "I like that word"

"What? Fiancé?"

"Yeah" Logan nodded. "It'd be even better if you let me put that ring on your finger"

Rory had yet to put on the engagement ring that Logan bought for her, and he wasn't hiding the fact that he was dying for her to wear it.

That night she met Lorelai in the Gilmore's driveway. The mother and daughter stood in front of the door waiting for someone to open it.

"Please tell me they're not gonna be as mad as I think they're gonna be" Rory said

Lorelai sighed. She couldn't tell Rory that. She hoped they wouldn't react the same was they did when it was Lorelai who was pregnant, but she didn't know.

"Not helpful" Rory said

Before Lorelai could say anything Emily opened the door. They followed her to the living room where Richard had already poured the champagne.

"Tonight, we celebrate Rory's graduation" Richard said as he handed everyone a glass.

"Oh, um..." Rory stuttered when Richard went to hand her a glass.

"Is something wrong?" Richard asked

"Just uh...everyone sit down for a minute" Rory said. The room was silent. Everyone was looking at Rory, waiting for her to speak. Rory was nervous. She could either beat around the bush, or she could just come out and say it. She chose the latter. "I'm pregnant"

"Like hell you are!" Emily shouted. Richard just stared at his shoes. He couldn't bring himself to look at Rory, or anyone else.

"Mom" Lorelai said quietly

"No! This is not ok! You're not an idiot, and you're not a teenager. You should know better!"

"You're right, I'm not a teenager" Rory said. "I'm an adult, with a college degree. I have a good job, and a great fiancé who, by the way, is giving up a pretty big opportunity so that he could be here for me and for his child, so just because we decided that our wedding can wait until after the baby's born doesn't mean that we're any less prepared to be parents!"