Growing

In January, Delilah turned 2, and that was when Rory and Logan decided to put together her new room. The first step was to paint the room.

"Are you sure you don't want me to help?" Rory asked when Logan came into the living room where she was sitting with Delilah.

"Is the smell still gonna make you sick?" Logan asked. When they'd first opened they can of light purple paint that Delilah had chosen, the smell made Rory vomit.

"I don't know"

To Logan that meant yes, but he knew that Rory felt bad for not helping. "Then, I'm sure"

"Well, do you wanna hire someone?"

"I can paint a wall"

"I just feel bad that you're doing all the work"

"Ace, you're growing a human in your body. I can paint the bedroom"

"Ok" Rory said

"Ok" Logan said and kissed Rory before going back into what would soon be Del's bedroom.

"Mommy, throw it" Del said and gave Rory her mini basketball

"Why don't you throw it?" Rory asked

"No, you"

"Alright, but you should know that I suck at sports" Rory said and Del giggled. She threw the ball towards the hoop and ended up hitting the wall behind it, making Del laugh. "I warned you, didn't I?"

"I want Nemo fish please"

"Alright, I'll put on Nemo for you and then I have to go do some laundry, ok?" Rory said. She figured if she couldn't help Logan paint and Del was watching a movie, she might as well get some house work done.

"Ok, mommy"

3 days later the paint in the room was dry and the room was ready to be set up so one day while Del was in daycare, Rory and Logan brought in all her new furniture and set up her room. Logan went to pick Del up from daycare while Rory put the finishing touches on the room.

"Daddy!" Del ran to Logan when she saw him.

"Hi noodle" Logan picked her up and kissed her cheek. "Did you have a good day?"

"I made paint" Del pointed to a wall that had a bunch of little paintings hung on it.

"Wow, which one's yours?" Logan asked as he looked for the one with Del's name on it. He found her painting and took it off the wall before saying goodbye to Del's teacher and heading home.

When Logan got home with Del, Rory was sitting in the kitchen, working on an article.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Del tapped Logan's arm so he would put her down. Logan chuckled and put her down, and she ran straight to Rory.

"Hi baby!" Rory pulled Del onto her lap.

"Mommy, it's Bean" Del said and gently patted Rory's belly that had just barely started to grow.

"Yup" Rory said. Even though the baby wasn't the size of a bean anymore, Logan kept calling it that and when Delilah picked up on it, she also started calling the baby Bean. "And guess what. We have a surprise for you"

"My surprise?"

"Yeah, your surprise" Rory said. "Go look in your new room"

Del climbed off Rory's lap and ran to her new room. Rory and Logan followed.

"My bed!" Del said and climbed up onto her bed. "What's this?" She tapped the rail that was on the side of the bed to keep her from falling.

"That's to make sure you don't fall" Logan told her.