Summertime

Since having another baby, Rory and Logan made it a priority to spend one in one time with Delilah. Usually on Sundays Logan let Del pick whatever she wanted to do, and they spent a few hours together doing it. One Sunday, she wanted to make cookies, so that's what they did while Rory and Evie went for their 6 week checkup.

When Rory got home, Del was very proud to show her the cookies she'd made with Logan.

"Mommy, look" Del said and handed Rory a cookie.

"Wow, you made cookies" Rory said and put Evie down in the living room.

"With nem nems"

"Beautiful" Rory said as she walked into the kitchen where Logan was. "You know, I think I'm actually gonna cry the day she stops saying 'nem nems'"

Logan chuckled and kissed her quickly. "How was your appointment?"

"It was good" Rory said

"How good?"

"Are you asking me about sex?"

"Would you be mad if I was?"

"No"

"Then I was"

Rory laughed.

"Hey, 6 weeks is a long time"

Rory chuckled and kissed Logan quickly. "Not cleared yet. Sorry"

"Don't be sorry"

——

The next day, Rory picked Delilah up from daycare and then they had a while before Logan would be home since he had to work late, so after dinner and bath time, she let Del pick a movie. She was sitting on the couch with Evie asleep on her chest and about halfway through the movie, Del laid down with her head on Rory's lap and ended up falling asleep too.

When Logan walked into the apartment, Rory put her finger over her lips, signaling for him to be quiet.

"Am I allowed to join in on this, it is it girls only?" Logan asked quietly.

"Come" Rory said and Logan went to sit next to her. "How was work?"

"Well, I kinda wish I didn't go because clearly I missed out on whatever fun got them both asleep at the same time"

"Yeah, except they're both asleep on top of me, and I really have to pee"

"Alright" Logan stood up and carefully picked Delilah up to put her in her room. After putting her in her bed he tried to leave the room, but Del had a very tight grip on his finger. He tried to gently pull his hand away but ended up accidentally waking her up. In that moment he was wishing that he just let her sleep on the couch because now she was awake and crying. "Shh, I'm sorry. Go back to sleep" 

"Daddy" Del tugged on Logan arm.

"Ok" he picked her up and hugged her tightly. "It's ok. You're ok. Go back to sleep". Logan held Del for a little while until she stopped crying and eventually fell back asleep. He put her in her bed before going out to the living room. "Bean asleep?"

"Yeah" Rory said

Rory and Logan both got showered and changed before snuggling up on the couch to watch a movie.

"She's about to get murdered" Rory said

"Your love for horror movies is creepy sometimes"

"Horror movies are fun. They make your heart race"

"I prefer other activities to get my heart rate up" Logan said

"That's good too" Rory chuckled. "Ooh, look, I was right"