And Then There Were Four

Evelyn Rose Huntzberger was born at 8:23am on May 17th 2010.

About an hour after the baby was born, Rory was sitting in her hospital bed, watching Logan hold the baby. "You know what today is?" She asked.

"Evie's birthday?" Logan asked

"3 years ago today, you proposed to me and I told you that I was pregnant" Rory told him.

"Really?" Logan asked

"How weird is that?"

"Not as weird as you being in labor for an entire afternoon without realizing it" Logan said

"It felt different than last time" Rory said.

"You're crazy" Logan said. "And I love you"

"I love you too"

Rory and Logan spent the morning alone with their new baby and in the afternoon Honor brought Delilah to the hospital to meet her baby sister. Logan went to meet them outside.

"You have to be quiet when we go in, ok noodle?" Logan asked

"Ok daddy"

"Alright, let's go see your baby sister" Logan said. He opened the door and Delilah ran over to Rory who lifted her up onto the bed.

"Hi baby" Rory kissed Del's cheek "Look" she pointed to the baby who was in a clear plastic bassinet next to her.

Delilah gasped softly. "That's Bean"

"Her name is Evie" Rory said

"I wanna see Bean" Del said even though she was looking right at her.

"Daddy will help you wash your hands and then you can hold her" Rory said.

"I wanna hold the Bean!" Delilah said excitedly. "I wanna hold the Bean!"

Logan washed Del's hands before sitting her back down in the bed, next to Rory. He picked up Evie and put her on Del's lap, keeping his hand under her head. "Mommy, I love the Bean" Del said and hugged Evie tightly.

"Gentle" Logan said. "You have to be gentle. She's really tiny"

"I'm gentle" Delilah said and kissed the baby's head. "I love the Bean"

"This is my favorite thing ever" Rory said. She'd been a little bit worried that Delilah would hate the baby once she was actually born, so seeing her so excited about the baby was a relief.

"Me too" Logan said. "And by the way, my sister's in the waiting room, waiting to come see you whenever you're ready"

"Bring her in"

Later in the evening Lorelai, Mitchum, and Shira came to visit. Other than Honor, Rory and Logan didn't tell anyone that the baby was born until several hours later. 

When Lorelai walked into the room, the first thing she did was go to hug Rory and then Logan. Shira did the same. Rory was in the bed, but Logan was sitting on the little couch with Del who had insisted on holding the baby every chance she got. 

"Del, what do you have there?" Mitchum asked

"It's my baby" Del said

"Oh, it's your baby, huh?" Rory chuckled

"It's Bean" Delilah said. "She's little"

Up until that point nobody knew if the baby was a boy or a girl because Rory and Logan hadn't told anyone.

"She?" Shira asked

"Evelyn Rose Huntzberger" Logan said. "Evie"

"Aww, I love it" Lorelai said.