September

At the end of the summer, Logan and Rory took Delilah and Evie to Disney world for a week, and a few weeks later Rory's maternity leave ended.

The day she went back to work, she was woken up at 6:30 by Logan's alarm just like every morning, except this time she had to get dressed too and she was dreading it.

"Are you excited to go back to work?" Logan asked as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close.

"I think you know that I'm not"

"Yeah...I shouldn't have asked that"

"Alright" Rory turned around to face Logan. "I gotta shower"

Logan put his hand on Rory's cheek and gently pressed hood lips against hers. "Go, I'll get Evie fed and changed"

"Thank you"

While Rory showered, Logan fed and changed Evie. Then Logan went to shower and Rory got herself ready. Once Rory and Logan were both ready, Logan went to get breakfast ready and Rory got Delilah up, and an hour later Evie was at home with a babysitter, Del was at daycare, and Rory and Logan were both at work.

"Hey, welcome back" one of Rory's coworkers said.

"Hey Mark" Rory said. "Did I miss anything interesting?"

"Claire set the microwave on fire...twice"

"Don't lie to her" Claire said as she walked past them. "Congrats on the baby, Huntzberger"

"Thanks" Rory said.

"By the way, Barry said he wants to see you" Mark said. Barry was the editor in chief

"I've been here 5 minutes, what could he possibly want to see me about?"

"I'm just the messenger"

"Ok" Rory said. She put her stuff down and went to find Barry. "Hey, you wanted to see me?"

"Have a seat" Barry said "I have a question for you"

"I have an answer...hopefully" Rory said

"How do you feel about managing editor?"

"Like...in general?"

"For you. How do you feel about it for you?"

"Me?" Rory asked in disbelief.

"Yes, you. Frank is retiring soon, and I want you to take his place"

"Me?"

"The job comes with better hours, better pay, better benefits, and it almost guarantees that you'll be the next editor in chief"

"Wow"

"So, are you interested?" 

——

After work Rory picked up Delilah on her way home. When Logan got home she was sitting on the rug in the living room with Evie on her lap, playing with Del.

"Mommy, look" Del giggled and pointed at Evie who was sticking her tongue out.

"Yes, I know. Tongues are funny" Rory said. "No, don't put your fingers in her mouth" she moved Del's hand away from Evie's mouth.

"Mommy, Bean is silly"

"She's very silly" Rory nodded.

Just then they heard Logan's keys in the door.

"Daddy!" Del jumped up and ran  to the door.

"Hi noodle!" Logan picked her up. "Did you have fun today?" Del nodded. "Yeah? What'd you do?"