Emily

Shortly after her conversation with Shira, Rory got an email from Emily asking to meet her.

The day in November started like any other day. Rory woke up, showered, and got dressed, before getting Delilah up and ready for the day while Logan made breakfast. She ate breakfast with her favorite people, and went to work. That day, however, instead of picking up Delilah after work, Logan picked her up and Rory went to a little cafe near Time's square.

She got there before Emily so she sat down at an empty table near the window.

"Hello Rory" Emily said as she sat down across from Rory, a few minutes after Rory had arrived. "You look well. I like your hair like that"

Rory hadn't cut her hair since before she graduated college and it was now well past her waist.

"Thank you" Rory said.

"How have you been doing?" Emily asked

"Good" Rory said.

"Good. I'm glad" Emily said

Before either of them could figure out what to say next a waiter came over. "Hi, welcome in. Can I get you anything?"

"Coffee please" Emily said.

"I'll just have some water" Rory said. "Thank you"

"Alright, I'll be back with that in just a few minutes" The waiter said and walked away.

"You don't drink coffee anymore?" Emily asked

"I do" Rory said. She was debating whether or not she should tell her grandmother that she was pregnant. It didn't go too well the last time. She decided not to tell her yet

"Rory, I owe you an apology" Emily said. "When you told me that you were pregnant, you also told me that you were happy, and that's all that should've mattered. I realize that I've made a lot of mistakes in the past couple of years, but I'd like the chance to make things right. Rory, I pushed you away, and because of that I lost my daughter, my husband, and even some of my friends. I want to set things right. I'd like to get to know you again, and if you're willing, I'd like to know my great granddaughter"

As much as Rory wanted to stay mad, family was family. As much as she hated Emily for what she did to her, she was still her grandmother and Deep down she did love her and it seemed like Emily was trying to fix things so it was only right for Rory to do the same. "No judgment" she said after a few moments of thought.

"What?" Emily asked

"That's my condition" Rory said. "No judgment. My life is my own, and I can make my own decisions. You need to respect that. You're not allowed to comment"

"That's reasonable" Emily said

"If you want...you can come over for dinner tomorrow night" Rory said

"I'd like that very much"

The next night Rory was standing in the kitchen, feeding Delilah while Logan cooked dinner. Del loved broccoli which was a little weird because neither Rory or Logan liked it so much. Dinner was called for 7:30, but Del usually ate dinner earlier, so Rory decided to just feed her before.

Rory had also invited Lorelai and Luke to dinner. When Emily stopped talking to Rory, Lorelai stopped talking to Emily.

"Why did I invite her?" Rory asked

"Because she's your grandmother and you know that you want to fix your relationship with her" Logan said

"What if this is a disaster?"

"Then you tried" Logan said. "And if you want to try again, that's fine. But if not that's fine too"

Rory sighed. She just hoped the night wouldn't be a disaster.