Christopher

When Evie was 4 weeks old, Logan had to go back to work, but before he did, he wanted to spend a day just him and Delilah. He'd been wanting to take her to a Harlem globetrotters game for a while since she liked to watch basketball with him so he thought it was a good time for that. After that they got some ice cream before going home.

"Hi" Rory said when they walked through the door. "Did you guys have fun?"

"It's silly" Del said

"I bet" Rory smiled

"I get my ball" Del said and showed Rory a basketball that had been signed by a bunch of people.

"Wow, that's cool" Rory said. She knew that Logan wanted to get a basketball signed by the players, but she didn't think he'd actually manage to get it. "Why don't you go put it in your room?" She asked and Del walked out of the room. "Did she like it?"

"She loved it" Logan said before leaning down to quickly kiss Rory. "Hi"

"Hi"

"She was laughing and smiling the whole time. It was great"

"You look like you loved it too"

"I would take her to one of those games every day if it meant I got to see her smile like that"

"You look happy"

"I am" Logan said and sat down next to Rory. "I'm glad I got to do this with her before I have to go back to work"

"Me too"

A week later, Rory took both kids to Stars Hollow to spend some time with Luke and Lorelai, since Logan was back at work.  Like most times they went there, Del spent a lot of time petting Paul Anka. Rory and Lorelai were sitting in the living room with Delilah who was playing with the dog and Rory was holding Evie.

"Hey, what's with the Christmas rings?" Lorelai asked, referring to the 2 rings that Rory was wearing on her right ring finger. They were both simple bands with stones going all the way around. One was garnet which was Delilah's birthstone and the other was emerald which was Evie's birthstone and they stacked on top of each other. Logan bought them for Rory after Evie was born.

Rory chuckled. "It does kind look like a Christmas thing. I never noticed"

"What is it?" Lorelai asked

"Logan got them for me" Rory told her. "It's the kids' birthstones. Their names and birthdates are engraved on the insides"

"That's so sweet"

"Yeah" Rory said. "The red is Delilah, and the green is Evie"

Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Someone at the door" Delilah said.

"Let's go see who it is" Lorelai said and picked Delilah up to go answer the door. Lorelai opened the door and was surprised and a little annoyed to see Christopher. "What are you doing here?"

Christopher eyes moved from Lorelai to the child she was holding. "Rory's here?"

"What do you want, Chris?" Lorelai asked. She knew that he'd been emailing Rory, and she also knew that while he wanted to see her, he was still saying that she'd made a mistake.

"I wanted to ask you to talk to Rory for me. She's not answering my emails anymore" Christopher said. "But since she's here I can just talk to her"

"No, you can't"

"Lorelai"

"She doesn't want to talk to you" Lorelai said. She realized that she was still holding Delilah. "Del, go in the other room" she said and tried to put her down, but Del held on tight.