Announcements

It was Halloween 2009 and Rory and Logan were taking Delilah to trick or treat in Stars Hollow. This was the first year that she was actually able to enjoy Halloween and kind of understand what was going on, so they wanted her to get to go out and experience it. New York City however, could get crazy on Halloween so they decided that it would be better to take her to Stars Hollow. They drove there in the morning and would spend the day with Lorelai and Luke before trick or treating.

"Mommy" Del said as Logan drove.

"What?" Rory asked

"Mommy. Mommy. Mommy"

"Yes, noodle. What do you need?" Rory asked

"Mama" Delilah whined

Rory could tell that Delilah was getting frustrated. "Delilah, tell me what's wrong"

"Elmo" Del said. Rory and Lane had decided to dress their kids in matching costumes. Delilah would be Elmo, and Steve and Kwan would be Cookie Monster and big bird.

"We can't put your costume on while we drive" Rory said. "We can change when we get there, ok?"

"Ok mommy" 

"Hey, I think I'm gonna tell my mom today" Rory said

"That you're pregnant?" Logan asked

"Yeah. Unless you don't want me to because your parents don't know yet"

"No. Tell her. We can tell my parents when we see them next week"

Their first stop when they got to Stars Hollow was Lorelai and Luke's house. Luke was at the diner but he'd join them later.

"Since when does she talk so much?" Lorelai asked. "I saw you guys a week ago and she didn't talk like this"

"Daycare" Rory said. Her favorite part about Del being in daycare (aside from the fact that Del loves it) was that her speech was improving. "She's learning a lot. Although she started saying mommy instead of mama and I don't know how I feel about that"

"Wait until it's mom" Lorelai said. "Or grandma"

"Don't even talk about that, you'll make me cry"

Lorelai chuckled. "Other than that, how's daycare the daycare thing going?"

"It's good" Logan said.

"Logan thinks it's weird that when we go to pick her up and drop her off, every other parent there is like 10 years older than us" Rory said.

"Well, that's what happens when you get pregnant right out of college" Lorelai said.

"Speaking of getting pregnant..." Rory said

Lorelai's jaw dropped. She glanced back and forth between Rory and Logan. "You're kidding"

"Not kidding" Rory shook her head

"You're pregnant?"

Rory nodded.

"Oh, my god" Lorelai got up and moved to hug Rory. "I'm so excited. I want details"

"Details?"

"Not those details" Lorelai rolled her eyes.

Rory chuckled. "Well there's nothing to tell yet, except that I no longer trust birth control"

"I meant more like when you're due date is" Lorelai said

"Oh. June"

——

The next week Lorelai was in NYC picking up some stuff for the in and decided to go see Rory and Logan while she was there. Logan was still at work when she got there but Rory and Del were home.