Summer

A monthl later Rory started her job at the New York Times and the next Friday Lorelai came to have lunch with Rory.

"Hey" Rory said when she opened the door. "I'll be ready in a minute"

"Ok" Lorelai said. She was standing in the kitchen while Rory got her stuff together and noticed the bowl of mini KitKats on the counter. "What's with all the little KitKats?"

"My newest obsession" Rory said. "It changes all the time. Up until a few days ago it was watermelon and that was the only thing I could eat without vomiting. Logan says the chocolate is better"

Lorelai chuckled. "Pregnancy's fun, isn't it?"

"Oh yeah, between the puking, the crying, and the exhaustion, I'm having the time of my life" Rory said sarcastically

"That all gets better" Lorelai said.

"I hope so" Rory said. "I think I'm driving Logan crazy"

"Well, that's what he gets for knocking you up"

"Mom"

"What? He got you pregnant and now he gets to deal with the crazy. That's how it works"

Rory chuckled. "Let's just go"

While they were at lunch Lorelai caught Rory up on everything that was happening in Stars Hollow and Rory told Lorelai about her new job. While they walked back to Rory and Logan's apartment Lorelai asked what she'd been doing to ask the whole time. "Have you spoken to your grandparents at all?"

"Nope" Rory said. She hasn't bothered to reach out to her grandparents since the night she told them she was pregnant. She figured it would just end with more yelling.

"They've been asking about you" Lorelai told her. "How you're doing. How the baby's doing. How your job is going. I don't know what to tell them"

"You can tell them that in 29 weeks they're gonna be great grandparents, and they're delusional if they think that pretending it's not happening will change anything"

"I'll just tell them that you're fine" Lorelai said. She could tell Rory was mad, so she dropped the subject.

"Whatever you want" Rory said. When they walked into the lobby of the apartment building they were surprised to see Richard standing there. She tried to ignore him and just walk past him to the elevator, but he wasn't gonna make that easy.

"Rory, I'd like to apologize" Richard said. Rory was still standing with her back to him. "I should have defended you that night. I may not agree with your decisions, you're an adult and they're yours to make"

Rory stayed quiet.

"Please" Richard said

Rory turned around and looked between Richard and Lorelai "I don't know what you want me to say"

"Whatever you want" Richard said

"I found out that I was pregnant the day before my college graduation. It took me a while to get over the shock, but once I did I was actually really excited. So after I saw a doctor who confirmed that everything was fine, I decided to share my very exciting news with my family, and you know what happened? Everybody turned against me" Rory said. "You and grandma didn't even care what I had to say, you guys just wanted to tell me that I was doing everything wrong, and my father basically told me that I ruined his life. But now you come here and you want me to just forgive you. Like I haven't spent the last month crying every single day because my family hates me. Pretend that none of it ever happened, and we can all just go back to normal now. Right?  That's not gonna happen". Without saying anything else Rory got in the elevator and went upstairs.