Passing Time

On September 7th, Rory was woken up by Logan gently kissing the back of her neck. She let him continue for a moment before turning around to face him.

"Happy anniversary" Logan said and gently pressed his lips against Rory's.

"Happy anniversary" Rory smiled before noticing that Delilah wasn't in the room. "Logan, where's the baby?"

"In her own room" Logan said. "Asleep" he kissed Rory softly. "Giving us the opportunity to do whatever we want"

"You mean like planning our wedding, right?" Rory joked

"Not quite" Logan said ran his hand up Rory's leg as he kissed her again.

"What if she wakes up?" Rory asked

"Then we'll stop"

"I think she's living proof of the fact that you can't stop" Rory chuckled

"No, but you can and we both know that you will if you hear her"

"Good point"

——

That day, while they were eating lunch, Rory and Logan started planning their wedding. The first thing they had to do was pick a date.

"What about...September 7th?" Logan asked

Rory smiled.

"I mean, it is already our anniversary"

"I love it" Rory said

"And we know we want it to be simple, right?"

"I think so" Rory said. "I mean, we're already married"

"Right" Logan nodded

"Mama" Delilah said and reached for Rory

"Did she just-?"

Logan smiled. "I think she did"

Rory took Delilah out of her high chair and hugged her. "You said mama. Oh, my god, I love you so much"

——

In November Rory went wedding dress shopping with Lorelai, Lane, Paris, Honor, and Shira.

"Why didn't you bring Delilah?" Paris asked. "Doesn't she need a dress too"

"She does, but she's also a baby who grows out of her clothes on a monthly basis" Rory said. "I'm not buying her dress until like a month before the wedding"

"I got your invitation, by the way" Lane said. "Very pretty"

"Oh yay" Rory smiled. "We weren't sure if anyone actually got them yet"

"I got mine too" Lorelai said

"Me too" Shira said

"Same" Honor said

"Ditto" Paris chimed in

"Good" Rory said

"Can I ask?" Lorelai asked

"I sent her one" Rory said. She thought Lorelai was asking if she sent Emily an invitation. "I wasn't going to, but Logan said that I'd regret it if I don't at least invite her. And he's right"

"That's not who I was asking about" Lorelai said. She was talking about Christopher.

"I haven't decided yet" Rory said. What Emily said to Rory hurt, but what Christopher said was so much worse. She had essentially been told by her father that she ruined his life. It didn't matter what he said, he couldn't take that back. "I have one for him, I just can't decide if I actually want him there"