Family

On Friday afternoon, Rory and Logan were getting ready to go have dinner with the Huntzbergers. Logan got out of the shower to find Rory standing in front of the closet, still wrapped in a towel. "Why aren't you dressed?" He asked. Rory got out of the shower 10 minutes before he even went in.

"I don't have anything to wear" Rory said. The problem wasn't a lack of clothing, but a lack of clothing that fit properly. While she wasn't visibly pregnant yet at that point, she definitely noticed that she was starting to get bigger.

"Are we looking at the same closet?"

"I know that technically I have stuff to wear, but you knocked me up and now nothing fits" Rory said.

"Do you want me to help you find something?"

"No. I'll figure it out"

Rory ended up going with a loosely fitted, navy blue dress that while a little tighter than normal, still looked fine and was appropriate for the occasion, and almost 3 hours later they were sitting in the Huntzberger's house with Mitchum, Shira, Honor, and Josh. Everyone was nice, and to both Rory and Logan's relief, nobody brought up marriage.  The evening was surprisingly very pleasant and Rory and Logan went home feeling good.

"What are you thinking about?" Logan asked as he drove home. Rory was being unusually quiet.

"Nothing, I'm just glad that dinner was nice" Rory said. She didn't feel judged or embarrassed while she was there. Mitchum and shira truly had a complete attitude turnaround. "I don't know what's gonna happen with my family, but it's nice to know that she won't grow up thinking her whole family hates her"

"She?" Logan asked. "Do you know something I don't?"

"Just a feeling" Rory said. She didn't know why but she just had a feeling that the baby was a girl.

"Ok" Logan smiled. "And for the record, your grandparents will come around"

"I wouldn't be too sure"

The next morning Rory and Logan were eating breakfast at the kitchen table. Rory was working on an article she was writing and Logan was emailing back and forth with a realtor. They found a place that they liked, on the upper East side of Manhattan and put in an offer, and now they were just waiting to hear back.

"Jack thinks he'll have an answer for us today" Logan said

"Ok"

"But even if we get it, the owners aren't moving out until October"

"We can wait for October, right?"

"Yeah"

A little while later, there was a knock at the door. Rory opened it to see Honor.

"Good, you're dressed" Honor said. "Let's go"

"Go where?" Rory asked

"Shopping" Honor said as if it was obvious. "Being pregnant is the best excuse to get a new wardrobe"

Rory chuckled. "Ok"

Rory was mostly following Honor's lead as they walked through the city.

"You need clothes for work" Honor said

"Can I just ask why we're doing this?" Rory asked

"Because we're both gonna need new clothes sooner rather than later and it's more fun to shop with a friend"

Before Rory could say anything she spotted Emily across the street. Emily was looking right back at Rory.

"Rory?" Honor asked.