Unexpected

A couple of weeks after Rory and Logan got home, Delilah started daycare. While their previous arrangement was good, Rory and Logan thought it'd be good for her to not be in the apartment all day. Besides at the time the only other kids she knew were Steve, Kwan, Tommy, and Stephanie and Colin's son Andy, so they thought it might be good for her to learn how to get along with other kids.

On Monday morning Rory and Logan were eating breakfast with Delilah when Rory got up and walked out of the kitchen. Logan followed her, making sure he could still see Del.

"Ace, why are you crying?"

"She's too little" Rory sniffled

"Come here" Logan wrapped his arms around Rory, holding her close. "It's just daycare. She's gonna be fine"

"What if she's not?" Rory asked. "She's just a baby, we can't just stick her in a new place, without us, and expect her to be fine"

"Look, we took her to see the place, and meet the staff. She's excited to go. But if she sees you crying, she's gonna cry"

"I know. I know" Rory said and wiped her eyes. "I don't even know why I'm crying. Every kid goes to daycare. It's normal. I know she's gonna be fine, I just don't know why I'm crying"

"Do you want me to take her?" Logan asked. The plan was for Rory to take Del to daycare since it was on her way to work, but given that Rory was not handling the situation so well, Logan thought it might be better if he took her. "I can take her, and you can pick her up"

"Yeah" Rory nodded. "That might be better"

"Alright"

A little while later Rory left to go to work and shortly after Logan took Delilah to daycare before heading to work himself.

Rory picked up Del on her way home from work.

"Mama!" Del ran to Rory when she saw her walk into the room.

"Hi!" Rory said a she picked up Del and hugged her. "You look like you had a good day"

"Nem nem" Del said. Rory didn't know what that meant.

"What does that mean?" Rory asked

"Mnms" The teacher said. "We had a birthday here today and the parents brought in these little Halloween themed goodie bags"

"Did you get a goodie bag?" Rory asked Del

"Mama, eat nem nems"

"When we get home"

A little while later Rory and Del were sitting in the living room. Rory was sitting on the couch, watching Del eat her MnMs and Leo was curled up next to her with his head on her lap. The MnMs did make Rory a little nervous since they had the potential to be a choking hazard so whenever Delilah had them Rory watched her like a hawk.

"For Leo" Del said

"No, don't give Leo MnMs" Rory said. "It's bad for him"

Just then they heard Logan's keys in the door.

"Daddy!" Del gasped and ran to the door.

"Hi noodle" Logan said when he opened the door. He picked her up and kissed her cheek. "I see you got some candy"

"Nem nems!" Delilah said. She got a little Halloween goodie bag at daycare. Along with the MnMs there was a sheet of Halloween stickers and a bottle of bubbles that was shaped like a ghost. Although at that moment, she was really only interested in the chocolate.

"Very nice" Logan chuckled. He put Del down and walked over to Rory to kiss her. "How was your day?" He sat down next to Rory and Del started sticking her Halloween stickers to him.