Emergency

The first weekend in October, Rory and Logan found themselves getting ready to go to the Chilton reunion. They were gonna drop the kids off with Mitchum and Shira on their way to the reunion.

"Daddy, it's purple" Delilah showed Logan her shoes.

"Yeah. Why don't we put them on your feet so we can go play with grandma and grandpa?"

"And eat pizza" Delilah said

"We can get pizza on the way home if you want" Logan said.

"No, with grandpa"

"I'm sure if you ask grandpa, he'll get you some pizza" Logan said

"And Bean"

"Bean can't have pizza"

"Because she's a baby"

"Right"

——

After dropping the kids off with Logan's parents, Rory and Logan drove to Chilton.

"Gilmore!" Paris called out when she saw Rory and Logan walk in

"Haven't been Gilmore in 3 years, Paris" Rory said

"Yeah, you'll always be Gilmore to me" Paris said. "By the way, I just saw Tristan Dugray and he asked about you. Actually he asked about Mary, but I figured he meant you"

"Mary?" Logan asked

"There was this one guy who always called me Mary" Rory told him

"Why?"

"Because your wife was such a goodie two shoes in high school that the guys started calling her Mary" Paris said "like Virgin Mary"

"Really?" Logan asked. "Can I call you that from now on?" He joked.

"Only if you want it to be true" Rory said

"Moving on"

A little while later Rory found herself standing on the side of the room, talking to Paris, Madeline, and Louise.

"So Paris, how come Doyle didn't come with you?" Louise asked. Paris didn't talk to Madeline and Louise so often, but they were at her wedding.

"He did, but Francie scared him so he's hiding in the corner with Rory's husband" Paris said

"Wait, you're married?" Louise asked

"Yeah" Rory nodded

"She has 2 kids" Paris said

"She's joking, right?" Madeline asked. Rory shook her head. "Way to go, Mary"

"Oh, I'm so glad people remember that very fun nickname" Rory said sarcastically.

Just then Rory felt someone put their hands on her shoulders from behind her. For a second she thought it was Logan because there was no reason for anyone else to be touching her, but then the man spoke. "Hi Mary"

"Tristan" Rory said and moved away from him.

"What? You scared of me or something?"

"I just don't want you touching me" Rory said

"I'm hurt"

"What do you want, Tristan?" Paris asked

"I just came to see how you ladies are doing" Tristan said and put his hand on Rory's shoulder. Paris rolled her eyes.

Rory pushed Tristan's hand off her shoulder and then excused herself from the conversation to get something to drink.

"Hey" Logan said as he walked over to Rory.