♡forty-six♡

junhyuk's pov

i drive into the parking lot of a familiar little white house. i've been here plenty of times to visit the particular person, a lot of the times with siyoung.

however, this time i'm here alone and about to ask the person living here an important question.

i get out of the car and walked up to the door. i softly knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

i hear the familiar dog barking as a lady, slightly older and looked a bit like siyoung, opened the door. i smiled with a small wave.

"ah! junhyuk! good to see you!" she pulls me into a hug. "ms. park! how have you been?" i asked, returning the hug.

"i've been well darling!" she pulls out of the hug then examines around. "where's siyoung?" she asked. "about that, i'll get to that in a minute, but may i come in?"

"you do not have to ask. come in!" she says as i walk in. i look over to the dog, toto, with a smile. "hey toto. have you been a good boy?" i ask him as i pet him. he immediately sniffs to where i was hiding the ring, in my pocket.

i chucked and take the velvet box that contained the ring. "this isn't for you this time. it's for your dad, but he doesn't know it yet." i say as in almost a whisper.

"i got you a glass of water and some homemade brownies on the coffee table if you'd like some." i smiled and nodded. "thanks ms. park. oh, sit down with me please." i say as i sit down.

she looked confused and nodded as she sat next to me. "you seem nerved up. is something bothering you hun?" she asked. i shook my head with a smile and showed her the velvet box, opening it up.

"ms. park. you see this ring right? it's for your only son. he means the absolute world to me and it would make me so happy if you gave me the permission to marry him."

she seems shocked. yeah, i didn't use sangmin's words but they were my own and from my heart. that's what matters the most.

"hun, you didn't have to ask me. i consider you as a second son and i'd be honored to be your mother in law. that's a yes. i've been waiting for a long time for you two to finally wed." she smiled and pulled me into another hug.

i hugged back. tears may of formed in my eyes. "ms. park, you have no clue how much your son means to me." i whisper, trying to hold it all in.

"oh i know. i've been there. how else would i have concieved your soon to be husband."

"ms. park! spare the details!" i scold with a smile. we both ate the homemade brownies as i discussed the proposal plans i have made so far.

this went on for an hour, until sangmin called me. "excuse me one sec." i say as i get up and walked in the kitchen to take the call.

"hello? sangmin?"