🎗Chapter Eight🎗

The next day, Bella drags Emilia to Cullen's house to meet them. Emilia held her backpack close as she entered the house with Bella and Edward.

The smell of food hits their noses quickly but the smell of Edward and his family overpowers Emilia's senses as Edward leads them to the kitchen."I told them not to do this." He says leading Bella and Emilia into the kitchen.

They see all the Cullens cooking and they all turn to see Bella and Emilia standing there. Emilia tensed up at them all and backed away a bit.

Emilia covers her nose a little bit and she tries not to scowl at the smell."Bella! Emilia! We're making Italian for you." Esme comes forward and Emilia clutches her backpack more." This is Esme, my mother."Edward politely introduces Esme.

"Bon giorno?" Bella says."Molto bene!" Esme says. She looks at Emilia who wasn't comfortable in their home." Hello, I'm Esme," Esme says softly." I'm Emilia, and do you mind backing up? You're in my personal space," Emilia says quietly.

"Oh of course, sorry," Esme says backing up."You've both given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time." Carlise says."I hope you're both hungry." Esma says smiling.

"I'm okay, I like my meat and you don't have any cooking so I've eaten" Emilia says softly. Esme nods in understanding."Oh absolutely." Bella tells them.

"She already ate," Edward says. Bella shoots him a look, but something shatters. Rosalie has thrown down a bowl and now strides out and passes both Bella and Emilia making Emilia shudder and scrowl.

"Perfect." Rosalie says."I just assumed because you don't eat, you know." Bella says slowly."Of course. That was very considerate of you." Esme says, sounding disappointed.

"Ignore her. I do." Edward says putting an arm around Bella."Yes, let's keep pretending this isn't dangerous for all of us." Rosalie says.

"I would never, ever tell anyone." Bella says."She knows that." Carlise says reassuring them."The problem is, you two have gone public now, so.." Emmett says.

"Emmett." Esme warns him."No, she should know." Rosalie says then looks at Emilia and Bella."The entire family will be implicated if this ends badly," Rosalie says."I ain't getting involved blondie so quit the attitude," Emilia snaps. Rosalie looks at Emilia with shock that she bit back at her.

"Badly?" Bella says. This hangs in the air, uncomfortably. Edward can't look at her. "Oh. Badly. Like, where we become a meal." Bella points at Emilia and herself." You'd be the meal stupid, I ain't staying near them," Emilia snarks.

Emmett chokes back laughter. Edward grins and wraps his arm around Bella. Even Esme has to chuckle.

Rosalie, exasperated, heads back into the kitchen. Emmett shrugs and goes after her."Hi, Bella!" A perky girl comes in.

Alice leaps over the rail, holding a bouquet of wildflowers. A lad follows her. She bounces forward to kiss Bella's cheek and hands Bella the wildflowers.

"I'm Alice. You do smell good." Alice says."Alice." Edward warns."It's alright, Bella and I are going to be great friends." Alice says." And you're Jasper, right?" Bella says extending her hand

"Pleasure to meet you both," Jasper says as he shies away from her hand."You won't hurt her, Jasper," Alice says. He isn't so sure so Edward takes Bella's hand instead.

Emilia starts to feel hot and heads outside with her backpack and she falls to the ground in pain."AH!" Emilia cries out in pain but this time she gets angry and her bones snap and she feels everything changing inside and out.

Emilia changed into a bright orange fox and she looked down to see her hands were now paws and orange." What happened to me?!" Emilia yelps in surprise.