"Will, you need to sleep."

Nico jerked awake. He sat up straight, breathing hard. He had woken up from a nightmare. Nico remembered how Will taught him to regulate his breathing and calm himself down. He placed his hands on his stomach and breathed in and out slowly. Eventually, his breathing evened and he was calm. He turned to see Will asleep, but instead, Will's side of the bed was empty. Where did he go?
Nico sighed. He probably went back to the infirmary. Or maybe...he didn't even leave! He'd already been in there for a full 36 hours, keeping himself awake with coffee and Monsters. Nico told him to come to bed with him, but it seems he didn't listen. Oh, this boy was in for it. Nico quickly got dressed, brushed his hair and teeth, and trudged off to the infirmary to find Will. As soon as he saw blonde, curly hair and a green surgeon's uniform, he suspicions were confirmed.
"William Andrew Solace!" Nico shouted.
Will jumped and turned. He put his finger to his lips and aggressively shushed Nico. He speedwalked over to him. As soon as he came into view, Nico sighed and his gaze softened. Will had dark circles around his bloodshot eyes and his posture sagged. His entire body was shaking from all the caffeine he'd been drinking.
"These people are resting, Nico!"
"Will, they're all awake," Nico said, looking around at the patients. "You need to leave this place."
"No! The patients need me!"
"They are many other helpers and healers, you've been awake for two days straight, you have to sleep. Look at you, you're shaking!"
"No, Nico! I'm not leaving!"
"Will." Nico took both of his hands. "You are a wonderful medic. And you're very helpful. But you're not alone. None of these patients are in critical condition where they need you to help them. Right now, your health is all I care about." Nico leaned forward and pressed their foreheads together. "Let's go. Someone else can take your shift. You need rest."
"But-"
"Shh. You have to sleep." Will sighed and his eyelids drooped.
"Fine. I'll leave." Will followed Nico as he pulled him out of the infirmary. On the way to the Hades cabin, Nico found another Apollo kid to take Will's shift. They got to the cabin, and Nico made Will change first so he could fall asleep comfortably. Will got out of his scrubs and into a soft shirt and comfy shorts. He flopped into bed and snuggled into Nico, who wrapped his arms around him and kissed the top of his head.
"Thanks Neeks."
"Of course. I missed you."
"I missed you too. I love you, Nico."
"I love you more, Will."

453 words