Tap tap tap

*idea from @Redlitnight go check them out*

Will was confused. No matter what, whenever him and Nico held hands, Nico always squeezed his hand three times. When they cuddled, he tapped him three times. When they sat together at dinner, three taps on the table as Will sat down. When he was asked about it, Nico turned red and said it was for no reason. Will had just begun to assume it was a tic from his anxiety, or a symptom of OCD. It wasn't until Will asked their friends that he found out the truth.

"Hey, why does Nico always tap me three times or squeeze my hand three times? Is it because of his anxiety?" Will asked the Seven at a movie night when Nico had gone to his cabin to grab something.

"Oh, that's his way of saying 'I love you'. Words get messed up, so he taps. I taught him it," Piper explained.

"Yeah, he always kisses my head three times, or squeezes my hand or taps me. I thought he just had a lucky number or he just liked threes," Hazel shrugged.

"Yeah, three is a lucky number of his, but he's told me that his words get lost and he chokes up, so I taught him that three taps or squeezes or kisses or whatever mean I love you. My dad and I used to do it when I was younger," Piper said.

"Huh. He must really love me, he taps all the time," Will thought aloud.

"Well duh!" Annabeth yelled.

"Yeah, dude, even I picked up on that," Percy said with a raised eyebrow.

"He's obsessed. Just tell him you love him back," Leo suggested. He paused. "You...do love him back...right?"

"Of course I do! I just didn't want to rush him! I've been dying to say that I love him for months!" Will said, exasperated.

"Then tell him!" the teens shouted.

Nico came in with two big bowls of popcorn. "Who's hungry?"

He set them down as his friends grabbed handfuls and made his way to Will. He sat next to him and quickly kissed him, before lacing their fingers together and squeezing three times.

Will laughed quietly. "I love you too, Nico."

Nico turned red. "Y-You what?"

"I love you too," Will whispered.

"You know what that means?" Nico asked nervously.

Will nodded. "I do now. And I want you to know I love you too. I didn't want to rush you by saying it first, so I waited. But you've been saying it for months and I didn't even realize. So, here's the long awaited admission: I love you, so much more than you know."

Nico's jaw dropped. "I...I love you too," he stammered. Will smiled. He cradled Nico head in one hand and kissed him, sealing his promise.