Always

TFIOS reference bc im unoriginal ✌️✌️

Nico was exhausted. He hadn't slept in days. He couldn't sleep, because every time he tried, nightmares found him. He was in the Big House, attending a head counselors meeting. He wasn't listening to Chiron. Nico was holding up his head with his hand, and kept nodding off and jerking awake.

Will tapped him. "Nico, you need to sleep." His voice was low, thick, and sweet, like pouring honey.

"No. I'm fi-...fine!" Will sighed.

"At least sit back. Lean against the couch." He pulled Nico back against the couch and scooted next to him. He laced his fingers through Nico's. Nico's eyelids drooped and his head fell on Will's shoulder. Will smiled and kissed the back of his hand gently.

~~~~~

The meeting ended. Will was worried about waking Nico, because he hadn't slept in so long, but he figured that Nico would get freaked out if he woke up somewhere other than his cabin. He carefully picked the small boy up and carried him towards the cabins. On the way, Percy caught his eye, looking confused. Will ignored him and laid Nico down on the bed in the Hades cabin. He pushed the hair out of his eyes and covered him with a blanket. As he turned to leave, he heard whimpering.

"No!" Nico muttered. He tossed and turned in his sheets and appeared to be having a terrible nightmare. Will closed the door and shook Nico.

"Nico. Nico. Nico!" Nico bolted upright and yelled. Tears sprang to his eyes as he dropped his head in head. "Nico?"

Nico looked up. He saw Will sitting on the edge of his bed. He turned red. Between quiet sobs he said, "I'm fine. Go away."

"No," Will said firmly. He then did something that shocked Nico. He climbed into the bed next to him and wrapped him in a hug. Nico gasped slightly, still surprised by the gesture. "I love you, Nico. I'll always be here for you. Stop trying to push me away." The small boy pulled his boyfriend in impossibly tighter, wrapping his arms around Will's waist.

"Thank you il amore mio." Will kissed his head.

"Always."

"Always?"

"Always." And with that, Will brought Nico's lips to his, sealing the deal.

372 words