"He's dead!"

Angsty 😈😈

(Please don't kill me)

—|€|—

Nico was having a good day. He woke up, went to training with Kayla, and they sparred for hours. Will came over after his shift to check on them.

"Hey babe!" he called.

"Hey! Wanna go?" Nico asked, grabbing a sword for Will.

"I'm no good, but sure." Will grabbed the sword from Nico and stretched a little. Nico lunged and jabbed at him. Will blocked it and attempted to disarm Nico, but failing. Nico smirked and used the same technique, causing Will's sword to clatter to the ground.

"Damn it. I told you I'm no good." Nico laughed.

"Oh well." They continued sparring as Kayla watched, occasionally making comments to help them. Nico was obviously winning, even though he was taking it easy on Will. Suddenly Nico's smile dropped.

"What's wrong, babe?" Will asked. "Did I hit you?" Nico shook his head. His eyebrows furrowed. He cried out and grabbed his chest, eyes wide.

"Nico? What's wrong?" Will asked, dropping his sword and putting his hands on Nico's shoulders. Kayla got up and ran towards them.

"He...he can't be dead. He's dead! How...he's gone! He's gone!" Nico yelled, collapsing to his knees. Will shook his shoulders.

"Who, Nico, who? What's wrong?" Will asked nervously. He looked at Kayla, who shrugged. She didn't know what he was talking about.

"J-Jason! He's...he's dead! He killed him! Dead, he's dead, Will he's dead!" Nico screamed. He began to sob, hugging Will's torso tight. "He's dead! Jason's dead! He's dead, Will!"

Will felt like he'd been punched in the stomach, then kicked in the face. He wrapped his arms around Nico, and sat there, Nico in his arms, and a stunned expression.

Will forced Nico to look at him. "Are you sure? How do you know it's him?"

Nico looked directly in Will's eyes. "He's dead, I know it. He's dead. He's gone. He's being judged as we speak. He's dead!"

Something inside Will broke. Jason, though he'd never really talked him much, had been a great guy. He meant a lot to Nico.

Could he really be gone?