The hickey healer

Nico woke alone, sprawled out on his bed. He groggily looked around for Will, and saw no one. He frowned and got up, pulling on one of Will's hoodies and some plaid pajama pants. He slid into Will's UGGs and headed out to the Apollo table. He got some looks along the way, but he was used to it. People always stared at him but he didn't care any more.

Nico rubbed his eyes and sat next to Will. He muttered a thanks to him for the plate of food that had been waiting for him and started eating. He looked around and saw people staring at him with open mouths. He furrowed his brows and looked around.

"Will, what's going on?" Nico looked over at Will, who was suppressing a giggle. "What?"

"Neeks, you didn't check the mirror did you?" Will snickered. He handed Nico a pocket mirror, revealing a purplish blue mark on his neck. Nico's eyes widened. Will burst out laughing.

"Are you f•cking kidding me?" Nico said quietly. He dropped the mirror and quickly pulled on the hood of his hoodie and tightened the strings. He ran to his cabin with Will not so far behind. Nico shut the door and slid down the back of it with his head in his knees. Will knocked.

"Nico? Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

"No," Nico said back.

"I'm sorry for laughing," Will said.

"Shut up."

"Please don't be mad."

"Go away, please."

"Okay," Will answered dejectedly. He felt bad that he embarrassed Nico. It was his fault about the hickey anyway. He wasn't sure what to do, so he went back to his table and cleaned up their plates.

"Okay, that was your fault right?" Piper asked. "That's his first hickey?"

"Um...yeah? And then I laughed at him? What's your point here, to make me feel worse?" Will shot back at her. Piper raised her hands in surrender.

"I didn't mean it like that. It's just...he's embarrassed, okay? He's from the 30s, PDA is pretty weird for him. I'll go talk to him and fix it." She grabbed a spoon and ran off.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"What's with the spoon?"

Piper smiled wickedly. "It's to get rid of the hickey." Will didn't want to know what she was going to do with the metal spoon.

Piper stuck the spoon in a bag of ice, grabbed some makeup, and headed towards the Hades cabin. She knocked.

"Go away Will, please, I just want to be alone right now."

"It's not Will. Open up." At the sound of Piper's voice Nico unlocked and opened the door.

"What?"

"Don't be so glum, chum. I've got your ticket out of embarrassment. Your boyfriend may be the real healer, but I'm the hickey healer," Piper joked. Nico groaned.

"Can you help me? I'm really embarrassed and I need your help."

"Alright, look. Take this spoon and put it on the spot. Leave it until the spoon is warm or until it's gone. If all else fails, put this on," Piper held up a green concealer, "and put this over top," she added holding up a pale foundation that matched Nico's skin. With the help of Aphrodite, Piper could always mix a perfect shade.

"Thank you," Nico said. Piper smiled and left Nico to take care of it.

~le time skip~

Will carefully knocked on the door of the Hades cabin. It was nearly dinnertime, and he always walked with Nico to dinner. He was also worried that Nico was still mad at him. There was no answer from behind the door. Will's eyebrows knit together as he opened the door and there was no one there. He hadn't caused Nico to leave camp again, right?

"He's in the arena!" someone yelled. Will turned to see Percy grinning behind him. He smirked and ran toward the combat arena.

There was Nico, his black t shirt and aviators jacket tossed aside and his medium length black hair pulled up into a ponytail out of his face. He fought wildly, slicing and hacking away at a dummy. He finished by decapitating it, and froze in his final strike. Will smiled. He enjoyed watching Nico fight. It was strategic and fascinating, combining Roman, Greek, and even Italian styles into his own, using each piece of his heritage in a deadly mix. Nico straightened and looked over at Will. He couldn't keep the small smile off his face.

"Hey." Will returned the smile.

"Hey. You know, I'm really sorry. I didn't realize that you were that upset. I feel really bad." Nico shrugged.

"It's really no big deal. I overreacted," he said, pulling on his shirt and jacket.

Will furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "No you didn't. I shouldn't have laughed. Your feelings were completely valid."

Nico smiled. "Ok, sunshine." He lightly kissed Will. "Piper taught me how to get rid of a hickey and cover it. But you know...we should probably test the solution again. For purely scientific reasons of course."

Will laughed. "Of course."

Sorry that this wasn't one of the requests yall gave, I just had this in the drafts.

Working on those requests! I know that I'm first doing the Plague!Will so get excited about that. And please please please give my boy Rowan some reads and follow PerryJohansonstan.