Sleep needed

Nico woke up alone in his bed. He sat up and frowned. He quickly stretched and pushed off the covers, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and standing up. He walked into the kitchen, and saw Will chewing on the end of his pencil, studying.

"Good morning," Nico said with a yawn. No response.

"Will?" Nothing. Nico walked toward him and waved a hand in front of his face.

"Baby, are you alive?"

"Hmm? Yeah I'm fine," Will said in a monotone voice.

"Did you sleep last night?"

"I think it's about 3 PM."

"Have you eaten anything?"

"I don't know, ask Kayla."

"So, my hair's on fire."

"Cool." Nico sighed. He figured Will had pulled another all nighter, because he remembered that he both fell asleep and woke up alone. Exams were coming up, and Will was in study mode. He had completely forgotten about taking care of himself. Nico sat down next to him and wrapped his arms around his waist. Will continued reading. His eyes scanned the pages of his textbook, and his fingers flew across the keyboard, typing the answers to the study guide.

"Time for plan B," Nico said with a smirk. He leaned his head down and kissed Will's neck in a spot he knew would get him to snap out of his zombie mode. Will's eyes shot open, and he turned red. His breath hitched in his throat and Nico laughed at his pink cheeks.

"Awake now?" Will nodded, hiding his face behind his hands. Nico put his head on Will's shoulder.

"Did you sleep at all last night, amore?" Nico whispered, sincerity and what sounded like hurt in his voice.

"Um...I think I forgot to sleep. I'm sorry, I was studying and-"

"I'm not mad. Well, I am, but...ugh. What I'm trying to say is that you need a break! Come to bed with me," Nico said, removing his arms from Will's torso and turning his head to look at him. Will sighed.

"But, you just woke up, I-"

"No! Come to bed. Now." Will sighed. Nico stood up and pulled his arm, dragging him with him to bed. He forced him to change into his pajamas first though, so he could fall asleep comfortably.

Nico waited as Will changed in the bathroom into his oversized tee and sleep shorts. Will opened the door, threw his old clothes on the floor, and flopped onto the bed, crawling into Nico's open arms. He wrapped his arms around Nico's torso and laid his head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. Nico stroked his hair and gently kissed his head.

"Goodnight darling. I love you." Will mumbled an answer and fell asleep peacefully.