Champagne Problems| Chapter 7

Nick's POV:
Ugh. What time is it? 3am?! I haven't slept at all. I can't believe I upset Lex that much. Maybe a shot will help me get her out of my head.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the first empty glass and bottle of alcohol I could find.

"What are you doing awake?" Kat said, looking at me confused. I watched her grab some fruit out of the fridge and place it on the table in front of me, both of us sitting down.

"Can't sleep. What about you?" I poured myself a shot and drank it.

"I got hungry." She shrugged and slid the fruit closer to me. I grabbed a few grapes and slid it back.

"Do you wanna tell me why you're really awake, Jonas?" She looked at me expectantly.

I sighed and took another shot before answering. "I screwed things up with Lex... and I can't get it out of my head long enough for me to go to sleep. I really hurt her, Kat."

I filled the glass again starting to feel a little bit better.

"You are gonna drink the whole bottle if you don't stop soon."

"Good. Then maybe I can stop feeling this way." Kat rested her head on my shoulder and sighed. "She just needs time, Nick. I'm sure tomorrow you guys will be able to talk about it"

I laughed. "She told me that she doesn't think it's gonna work out between us. She's done."

"Just give it some time. This is worth fighting for." Kat pouted and put the fruit back in the fridge before walking away slowly.

____

It was now 9am and I still hadn't slept. I replayed the situation between me and Lex in my head over and over and over. Before I knew it, the bottle was halfway empty and the room was spinning.

"Nick! Do you want to get a workout in while the girls are out shopping for party supplies?" Joe barged into my room. "Dude what happened?! You look like you haven't slept and you smell like tequila"

I looked up at him and I felt anger consume me. It wasn't me that caused this, it was Joe. If Joe hadn't pulled Lex aside, we wouldn't be here right now. "YOU RUINED MY CHANCES WITH LEX" I stumbled towards him, the alcohol taking over and causing me to shove him into the wall. He pushed me back, my dizziness making me fall back.

"What the hell?!? What are you talking about?? You're drunk, Nick. You need to relax."

"Me?! Me relax?! You know what you did. And now she won't even speak to me."

"I didn't do anything to you or to Lex! She didn't even think you liked her and that's my fault? Ok, Nick."

I pushed him into the hallway and slammed the door.

Joe yelled at me from the other side of the door. "You can't hide in there forever, Nick. You're gonna have to talk to her."

"GO AWAY!"

I took another shot, I think. I don't remember anything else.

______
Lex's POV:

Dani and I drove to the supply store while Kat and Angela were ordering the cake for the party tonight and grabbing last minute outfits. We knew they would take longer so they agreed to meet us back at the cabin later on.

"Lex, should we get these party hats?!" I heard Dani shout across the store.

"Of course! Nothing screams party like a party hat. They are truly my favorite accessory" I laughed and threw a few bags of balloons in the cart. I met Dani at the party hats, grabbing some more essentials on the way. "Dani, can I ask you something?"

"Anything, love"

"Was I too hard on Nick? I mean, maybe I overreacted."

"Nick is many things. Passionate being one of them. He clearly has feelings for you. I don't think you were too hard on him. But I do know that we all make mistakes and I'd hate to see such a perfect couple never end up together."

I sighed and brought our items to check out. "Thank you. Have a great day." We grabbed all of our items and drove back to the cabin.

I placed everything on the counter, asking the boys for help with the decorations. Joe and Kevin helped blow up balloons while Frankie hung up the streamers. Nick was no where to be found.

______

Its 8pm. Time to get dressed for this party.

Angela told us her theme for the party last week so we had time to prepare. She chose prom meets birthday party since the boys never had a prom. I was still feeling bummed about Nick but I couldn't miss this party. I took a shower, threw on some light make up, and fixed my curls. I slid a party hat on my head to go with my emerald green silky dress and headed downstairs.

I grabbed one of the drinks Joe created and made my way to the rest of the group. I handed everyone their party hats so they looked equally as childish as me.

Everyone was having a blast. It's a shame that I wasn't. I looked over and saw him at table with his guitar. He looks so peaceful. I'm glad he's okay.

I found myself alone in a room full of people. Dani and Kevin are feeding each other strawberries in the kitchen, Joe and Angela are slow dancing in the middle of the living room, and Frankie and Kat are kissing in the corner.

He was so beautiful, every curl in tact. So mesmerizing that I couldn't look away. It's official. I miss him.

Nick's POV:

I woke up at 8pm feeling lower than ever. I can't miss this party though or I will never live it down. I got in the shower, threw my emerald green suit on, fixed my hair, and brushed my teeth. I came down the stairs, swearing I'd never drink that much alcohol again.

I sat at the table watching everyone else. Lex looked gorgeous. I just can't bring myself to speak to her. I mean look at her. She's having so much fun without me. It's evident she doesn't need me around. I grabbed my guitar from the corner of the room and started singing. "All these feelings don't have no meaning" I closed my eyes. "Don't have no meaning without you... so don't give up on us". When I opened my eyes, Lex was directly in my view, staring back at me. "With you, I couldn't ever get enough. All I want is us".

Putting my guitar down, I scanned the room, Frankie and Kat kissing in the corner, Dani and Kevin feeding each other strawberries, and Joe and Angela slow dancing in the living room.

She was so beautiful, every curl in tact. So mesmerizing that I couldn't look away. It's official. I miss her.