Burgers & Fries| Chapter 28

Lex's POV:
"How'd it go?" I sat down. "He does have feelings for me." Nick sighed. "I told you." I held his hand. "I'm not interested. Don't worry about it. I'm gonna stop being his stylist and we can just move forward. Let's just go back to the hotel and relax."
____
"Nick, you've been quiet all night." He looked away. "Sorry. Just not in the mood to talk." I nodded. "It's fine. I'll be back." "Where are you going?" I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my wallet. "I'm going to get some dinner. Would you like some?" He shook his head no and I walked down to the restaurant/bar. "Can I have a burger with fries please?" I took a sip of my water and scrolled on my instagram. "Lex? Do you have a minute to talk?" I looked up. "Of course, sit down." I crossed my legs and smiled. "I'm an idiot, huh?" "Joe, you're not an idiot. I don't think that." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm sorry about earlier. I was just upset at everything going on. I don't know what to say to make up for that." I put my hand on his arm. "Joe, what's going on? I know there's something more." He looked at me and nodded. "Angela and I are great. But I was really caught off guard by the whole thing and you and I probably should have had a conversation about it before." The bartender handed me my burger and I pushed my plate to Joe, offering him some. He took a fry and smiled. "What were you caught off guard by?" He sighed. "I liked you. And I was gonna talk to you about it during Thanksgiving but then I saw you and Nick and Angela and I got closer." I took a bite of my burger and nodded. "I really love Nick. He is who I want." Joe smiled. "I know. I see how happy you make each other. You're both my best friends. " I cut my burger in half and handed the one side to him. He took it and clinked it with mine. "Are you gonna tell Angela?" He shook his head. "She knows. We talked about it earlier." I looked at my plate. "Are you gonna talk to Nick?" He shifted uncomfortably. "And explain how I liked his girlfriend and made a fool of myself in front of her?" I laughed. "Or that you're sorry for even trying to step on his toes." He took another fry. "I'm gonna need a lottttt of alcohol." We laughed. "He's in the room if you wanna get it out of the way. I'll stay here." Joe nodded and headed for Nick's room.
____
Joe's POV:
I took a deep breath and knocked. "Nick, can we talk for a minute??"