Villa One| Chapter 34

Lex's POV:
My family on my dad's side is quite small. It consists of 4 grandchildren. Me being the oldest, my cousin Cardell (he's the only boy), my sister Brooke and my cousin Sylvia (we call her Bop). My grandma only had two kids. My dad and my aunt Kim.

Nick and I got into the rental car and headed for my aunt's house. My grandma insisted that we stay there for our time in Texas. "Baby, let's stop and get some coffee. I'm in the mood for a latte." We pulled up to a local cafe and walked inside. "You want your usual flavor?" I shook my head. "No. Actually, now I want hot chocolate. That sounds so good." He pulled out his wallet and walked up to the counter. "Two hot chocolates please."

"I hope your family is excited to meet me."

"They definitely are! We need more guys in the family. It's just my dad and my cousin Cardell."

I took a sip of my drink and placed it in the cupholder. "We will be there in about 10 minutes my love." Nick grabbed my hand and kissed it as he kept driving.
_____
"Grandma? We're here!"

"Lexie!!!! Where's that cute boyfriend of yours?"

I laughed and hugged her tight. "He's grabbing our bags."

"Lexa!" My little cousin and sister ran up to me engulfing me in a hug. "I missed you guys so much! Where's Cardell?"

"Right here! Hey Lex!" We hugged and I returned to the door where Nick was approaching. Cardell grabbed our bags and set them aside in the living room. "Everyone, this is Nick. Nick, this is grandma, Brooke, Bop, and Cardell."

Cardell laughed and shook his hand, pulling him into a hug. "I don't know why you're introducing him to us like this. We couldn't get you to shut up about him when you were younger. We know who he is." Nick smirked at me and hugged my grandma. "It's so good to meet everyone. I'm really happy to be here." I rolled my eyes and looked around the house. "Cardell where's your mom?" If I had to pick one person I connect with most, it's aunt Kim. "Alexia!!!" Nick looked at me confused. "She adds extra letters in my name just to do it." "Okay great, I thought I was going crazy." Aunt Kim ran over to Nick and smiled. "We hug around here honey, bring it in, bring it in." He hugged her tight and they swayed back and forth. "Okay, okay. Hands off. That's my man." She laughed and hugged me next, making it hard to breathe. "Lex, we're having a girls night and the guys are gonna spend some time together. We can't wait to hear about everything!" I looked at Nick and put my head on his shoulder. "Don't miss me too much." He shook his head. "Guys night sounds like fun." Cardell threw his arm around Nick and walked with him into the kitchen. "Guys night is gonna be a blast. Uncle Shon, Lex's dad, is gonna meet us here later."
______
Nick's POV:
Lex's family is so welcoming. Dinner was so good. Her aunt really knows how to cook. And now her dad, cousin and I are sitting outside by the fire with cigars and some drinks.

"Nick, do you like tequila?" I nodded. "I have my own tequila that I created. It's called Villa One. I think Lex brought some if you guys wanna try it?"
"Hell yeah we wanna try it! Go get it!"
I walked into the room that Lex and I were sharing and grabbed the tequila out of her bag. When I returned to the guys, there were empty glasses lined up. "Fill them up Nick!"
I did as her dad said and we all simultaneously took our shots. "This is smooth. Well done." Cardell agreed and looked at me as he sank into his seat. "Lex seems to really like you." I smiled and nodded "I love her." Shon leaned forward in his chair. "Your band was all she used to talk about back in the day. And now you're all she talks about now." I refilled our glasses and nodded "It's been quite some time that we've known each other. I've liked her just as long, if not, longer." Her dad smiled approvingly and handed out his glass. "Keep them coming, son. We're about to really get to know each other."
______
I looked at my phone and it was 2am. We were very tipsy and tired to the point where anything was making us all laugh. "I'm gonna head up to bed. It was great hanging out with you guys." Her dad nodded his head and Cardell pointed at me. "We're watching some basketball tomorrow night if you wanna join us." I nodded and grabbed my glass. "Wouldn't miss it." I headed upstairs and found Lex in bed. "Hey, you. How was guys night?" I stripped my clothes and slid under the blankets with her. "It was really fun. I missed you though." I laid my head on her lap and she rubbed circles through my hair. If this doesn't put me to sleep, I don't know what will. "Everything okay? You're quiet. Is something on your mind?" I heard her sigh. I laid on my back and looked up at her. "I'm waiting." She looked down and half smiled. "I'm not thinking about anything. I'm just not feeling too well." I sat up and kissed her head. "What's wrong baby?"  She shrugged. "I don't know. For like the past hour and a half I've been really nauseous."