Strawberries & Whipped Cream| Chapter 23

Lex's POV:
"As far as the marriage and kids.... I want them. But in the future. Not right now. You're going on tour and I just want to live life with you." He grabbed my face and smiled. "I'm not saying we have to get married tomorrow. But to know you're thinking about it and you're okay with it at some point makes me the happiest man alive." I got up and looked out the window. "It's almost the New Year my love." He came up behind me and kissed me on the shoulder. "I know. We only have a few minutes and we will be in the New Year together." I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Are you sure you want that?" He laughed and held out his pinky. "I promise." I locked my pinky with his and kissed his hand. Nick looked at his phone. "5,4,3,2,1... happy new year baby" i smiled and kissed him. "Happy new year my love." Nick picked me up and took me down to the kitchen. "Want a snack?" I nodded and folded my legs. He opened the fridge. "What do you want?" I pointed past him. "Strawberries and whipped cream?" He grabbed the two and placed them on the counter next to me. I made him a strawberry and handed it out to him. He took a bite and placed his hands on my thighs. "Guess what?" I ate the rest of the strawberry that he bit and looked at him. "What baby?" He slid his hands up my back. "We're moving in together." "I know! I'm excited!" I hopped off the counter and pulled him to the couch with me, bringing the strawberries. "Let's play a game." I continued to eat the fruit. "What's the game?" I sat back into the pillows and laid my legs on his lap. "We ask each other questions about us and see if we know the answer." He nodded. "You first." I thought for a moment. "What color did I wear on our first date?" "Pink." There was no hesitation. He's good. "When did I start to like you?" I handed him a strawberry. "2009" He smiled and ate it. "Correct".

Two hours had passed and we were barely able to keep our eyes open. I was almost asleep on his chest when his phone dinged with a message from Kevin. He opened the notification and showed me his phone immediately.

"Trouble in Paradise: Nick Jonas Stuck Between Ex and Current Girlfriend or Playing them Both?"
Jonas, rumored to be dating someone from his childhood, was seen at dinner with ex girlfriend Olivia Culpo a few weeks ago. Was his childhood friend just a distraction until Olivia was back in the picture or is Jonas finally caught in his lies?

I looked at Nick and sighed. Happy Freaking New Year.