TV | Chapter 45

"Aunt Lex, before you answer, sit down. There's something we have to show you!" Alena grabbed my hand and sat down next to me while Dani turned on the tv. Silence fell upon the room. All eyes were on me and I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

His voice blasted through the speakers.

"Hey babe... if you're watching this, it means that my plan worked. I was able to get everyone together in one room so that I could propose to you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I cannot wait to grow our little family. Thank you for your support, patience, and your unconditional love. You're probably thinking, when did he do this? The night after I fake married you in the hospital, I realized that I never want to wake up again without you being my wife. But if we get married, we are combining two families so let's hear what our friends and family have to say about that:"

The TV showed Nick holding the camera, walking up to Kevin as he is picking out an outfit.

"Kev, do you think Lex and I are good together?"

I watched as Kevin grinned wide on the screen.
"You and Lex are perfect together. It's truly been an honor watching you both grow as individuals and as a couple, not only this past half of a year, but your whole lives. I think you both came together at the best time."

The screen quickly switched to Kat eating grapes in the kitchen.

"Kat, do you think I'd be a good husband for Lex?"

"You're the one for her. Truly. I've known her forever. Lex is head over heels for you and one of the nights you guys had first started dating and you came to me visibly upset, I knew that Lex was someone you saw yourself being with for the long run. You being so willing to make her happy shows me you're with her through it all."

The TV transitioned to Joe playing guitar.
"Joe, is Lex the one for me?"

Joe laughed as he put the guitar to the side. "Dude, Lex is your soulmate. I've never seen you so invested in someone's life before. You know her food orders. You know her hair products. You can tell me her mood before she can. She is 100% the one for you."

Denise and Paul flashed on the screen. "Mom and Dad, would you enjoy seeing Lex as my wife?"

"In our heads, Lex has been your wife since you two were teenagers. We've known this day would come. We were just waiting for you and her to get it together."

Ang was on the screen next, folding baby clothes.
"Ang, do you think Lex would say yes if I asked her to marry me?"

"Lex would absolutely say yes. You make her life better. From the moment you two started dating, I could tell that you were different. If you asked her with a paper ring, I know she'd still say yes because she truly loves you."

Dani and the girls popped up on the screen, waving.
"Hi Aunt Lex! 5 days until you get proposed to!"

Aunt Colleen was throwing a lasagna in the oven in the next video. "Hi sweetie. 4 days until you get proposed to! Nick, can you hand me the mozzarella?"

Ray recorded himself for the next part. "Yo! Lex! 3 more days until you get proposed to! You better say yes!"

The next scene showed Frankie and Francesco in the kitchen making a pizza. "Hey Lex! 2 more days until you get proposed to! We can't wait!"

Lastly, grandpa and Nick show up on the screen together. "Hi my love, I'm here with your grandpa. He's got something to say to you." Grandpa waves as Nick laughs. "1 more day bumble bee! 1 more day and you'll be a fiancée!"

The last clip shows Nick this morning as he was getting ready.

"Well, today is the day. I couldn't be more excited. You've seen me at my high, my low, and my in between. I can't wait to be your husband. Do me a favor...stand up and turn around."

The screen went black and I did what he asked.
There he was, in all of his glory, holding a small blue box with a gorgeous princess cut ring.

"Will you make my dreams a reality and marry me, Lex?"