ACT 1 - three.

I turned around and saw a girl standing in front of me.
She was older than me, I guess she was around her mid thirties, maybe even around forty years old.

"Thanks, I made him myself" I chuckled a little, but I was still pretty uncomfortable.

Who was she and what was she doing here?

"You're Rae, right? Lando's girlfriend?" She asked, not taking a step closer to me. She kept her distance, probably because she saw I wanted my space.

"And you are?" I asked.

"I am Liz, I work for Mclaren and I saw your baby was crying so I thought I could maybe help you"

"That's sweet, but I got it" I smiled, but I actually just wanted her to go away.

"What's his name?" Her voice was soft, as if she was trying to calm not only Jace down, but also me.

"Jace"

"Cute name, he's gonna be pretty, with you as his mother and Lando as his dad" she smiled, a genuine smile, I could see that.

"Do you have any kids?" I asked and put Jace back in his carriage. He was asleep again and he looked so peaceful.

"I don't" she finally took a step closer and looked down at Jace. "But I always loved children"

"That's nice" I said, I didn't know what else to say. If she thought I would offer her to hold Jace then she was so wrong.

"Oh there you are" the door opened again and I never was more relieved to see Lando walk in. Liz immediately took a step back from the carriage.

"Oscar and I are chilling in another room, are you coming baby?" He walked up to me, put his arm around my waist and looked down at Jace.

"Oh good, he's asleep again" he smiled, looking up at me. "But for how long" he chuckled.

And it seemed as if he finally noticed Liz, but didn't seem to recognize her.

"Hi Lando, I'm Liz, I work for Mclaren and I just came to check on your girlfriend" she introduced herself.

I could see Lando had no idea who she was, but it was normal he didn't know everyone who worked for Mclaren. I didn't know everyone who worked at Hilton either.

Wife. I was his wife.

But not many people knew that. We still didn't tell people about that, mainly because we wanted to have a real wedding pretty soon.

"Hi Liz, thanks but I'm gonna steal them away now" he smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me after him.

I took Jace's carriage and followed Lando but before I closed the door, I took a look at Liz, she was smiling and I kinda felt bad for her.

She probably just wanted a little family, like I had. But I was way too protective over Jace, after everything that happened to me, I swore I would never let that happen to Jace.

So I only trusted a few people with him.

I walked with Lando to the other room, where Oscar, Max Fewtrell and a few other people were sitting, talking and laughing with each other.

I stayed there for about half an hour, but it was way too busy and loud for Jace.

"I am going home with Jace" I said as I put my hand on Lando's arm. He looked at me confused. "Why?"

"Because he needs his rest and he needs food" I got up and kissed his lips quickly. "And honestly so do I"

I was used to busy spaces and long days, but lately, I was getting all the free moments I could.
I needed them.

And I enjoyed just being by myself.

Another thing I wanted to do was prepare the monthly meeting with the shareholders for Hilton.
They still weren't convinced about the Mclaren sponsorship but they dropped it when they realized I wasn't gonna drop them.

But every month, I needed to include some things we gained from sponsoring them.
Lately , I just had to come up with stuff because I had no good reasons anymore.

Besides that Lando was my husband, which wasn't a good business pitch at all.