ACT 3 - one.

Juliette's POV

Ever since Rae and Lando officially divorced, she's been on quite a low.

She wasn't smiling anymore, but I was sure she was messing with someone. Even though I had no idea who.

She wasn't telling me and I wasn't gonna push her.

The last few races went absolutely amazing for Mclaren, they were back on top, thanks to Rae.

I think she wanted to take her money and sponsorship away from them as soon as possible, because she was spending more and more time in the Red Bull hospitality.

Or sitting outside the hospitality at least. When I couldn't find her, I knew I should look for her at the Bulls.

I was afraid she might take her money away from Mclaren and put it in their team.
I, personally, didn't think it would be a good idea.

I just wanted her to take her money and never come back to this paddock again. She had to concentrate on the hotels again.

But someone around this paddock made her stay, and lately I just wasn't sure if it was still Lando.

Maybe it was Max, maybe it was Oscar, maybe someone else but I was certain it wasn't Lando.

She absolutely hated him.

She still talked to him, but only when it was necessary, only when it had to do with Jace.

But she was also struggling to keep all the balls in the air. Taking care of Jace, handling Mclaren and managing the hotels weren't an easy thing to do at the same time.

And the divorce with Lando a few weeks ago definitely made her lose her smile.

I don't know how they divided their money, businesses, cars and whatever.
Did they split it? Did Lando receive half of it?

I had no idea, because she didn't want to discuss it and it was also none of my business.

But I secretly hoped, he got nothing.

I finally arrived in front of the Red Bull hospitality and I was right.

She was sitting outside, talking to Max and his trainer.

Maybe it was Max who made her stay, maybe it was Max she was messing around with.

"Look at her" someone whispered next to me. I quickly turned my head, only to realize it was Lando.

"She was so happy and I destroyed her" he went on.

Did he expect me to answer?

I looked at him, but to be fair, he didn't look that great either. How much I hated to say this, Rae and Lando just belonged together.

I just didn't understand why they couldn't see that.

"Then why did you cheat on her?"

"She did a lot of crazy shit in the past, Jules" he said. His gaze was on Rae the entire time. "I was just trying to protect her"

I squinted my eyes. What did he mean by that?

"What do you mea-"

"Tell her I'm sorry, okay?" He interrupted me. "Tell her I'm sorry for hurting her"

"I will" I nodded. "But for the record, you didn't destroy her, you're not that powerful"