ACT 4 - three.

Rae's POV

Lately I felt more at home in the Mclaren garage. The mechanics started to respect me and Zak definitely liked having me by his side.

They all thought I took a step down at Hilton to concentrate on them.

If they only knew.

But it was what it was. Juliette betrayed me so I had to take a step down.

She called me so many times, texted me all kind of lies and even stalked Lando. Did she think I would be fine with her betrayal?

Did she really think I would just understand what she did to me? That I would smile, shrug my shoulders and go on with my life?

I thought she knew me, but I guess she didn't.

"Hi Rae" someone shook me out of my thoughts. I looked next to me and saw a woman standing in front of me.

Someone I recognized, but I couldn't put a name to the face.

"It's Liz" she said because she obviously noticed I couldn't remember her name.

"Oh hi, I am sorry, how are you?" I said as cheerful as I could.

So Zak actually listened to me. They hired her as Lando's PR manager, otherwise she wouldn't be here, on Lando's side of the garage.

"Good, thanks to you. I heard you put in a good word for me" she smiled.

"I did and I'm glad they listened, so they hired you as Lando's PR manager?" Even though I was suspecting this, I wanted to be absolutely sure.

She nodded. "I try to keep your husband in line" she chuckled and she clearly didn't read the news.

"He's not my husband anymore, it's uh-complicated" I tried to laugh it off. "Oh, but you're still together?"

"We are" I nodded. I cleared my throat and smiled. "Anyways, good luck trying to keep him in line, I try to do that for years now"

And Jace agreed with me, because he started crying. He always had the worst timings because Q3 would start soon and it was so important here in Monaco.

I didn't want to miss it, but I also couldn't stay in the garage with a crying Jace.

"Excuse me" I said as I grabbed Jace and wanted to walk out. "I can walk around with him in the paddock and try to calm him down" Liz offered.

"So you can stay and support Lando" she added, probably because she noticed I was hesitant about her offer.

Not because of her specifically, but I just didn't trust anyone with Jace.

But maybe I was being too paranoid. Maybe no one was trying to hurt me or Lando anymore.

Maybe I needed to accept help.

"Thank you" I said as I put Jace in her arms. It was the first time that someone besides Lando or our closest friends were holding him.

I looked at them as they walked out of the garage.

I looked up at the screen and tried to concentrate on the qualifying. Lando needed to qualify high because it was so important here.

And he did. He did so amazing, he ended on P3, which would be a great starting position.

I was so proud, he did so amazing lately, he would definitely win a race soon, I was sure about that.

And we would be there to cheer him on.

It was not like I had anything else to do anyways.