ACT 4 - five.

"You better not be shitting me and I hope you're completely genuine" Lando was looking at me, in front of the paddock with two paddock passes in his hand.

Zayden called him yesterday and explained him everything. He agreed to give us two paddock passes for the race, so I could talk to Rae.

"Lando, I always wanted to best for her, you know that" I said. He looked at me, to Zayden and back at me.

"I hope I won't regret this" he said as he handed me the paddock passes. "But please convince her to go back to Hilton" he added.

"Isn't she happy?" I asked, grabbing the passes and passed one to Zayden.

"No, but she will not admit that" Lando said. "Hilton is her legacy, I know she took over Mclaren to annoy me, not because she actually wanted it"

"She didn't do it to annoy you" I shook my head, scanned the pass and walked in the paddock. "She did it because Hilton wanted to drop Mclaren and she wanted to make Mclaren better"

Lando tilted his head a little, it was clear to see that he didn't expect this. He always thought she wanted to destroy Mclaren.

And maybe she thought about that for a couple of seconds, but she has a good heart.

But now it was time for her to go.

Time to come back home.

"You can wait in the hospitality, Rae and Jace will be here soon" Lando said just as we walked in the hospitality.

I could see he was still a little confused about what I just told him. He always believed Rae wanted to destroy him, I could see the sparks in his eyes when I told him she never wanted to do that.

"Thanks Lando" I hugged him before he had to go to his driver's room.

I sat down and tapped the table nervously. Zayden was here for me every step of the way, but I knew I had to do this alone.

I had to convince her. To come back to Hilton, to fix Hilton and most importantly to be my friend again.

—————————

Half an hour later, Rae walked in with Jace, she was talking to some older woman but immediately stopped as soon as she saw me.

She put Jace in the other woman's arms and whispered something before walking over to me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" If eyes could kill, then I would be dead now.

"Please Rae, let's have a walk together" I almost begged, but I wasn't gonna make drama in the hospitality.

She nodded and followed me outside.

We walked through the entire paddock while I told her everything. Why I did it, how Hilton was losing every good employee and how it was losing millions.

"Then why did you take their side? With your 10% and my 65%, they could do nothing" Rae explained.

"I-I didn't know" I stuttered. They were so convincing, they made me believe that they would do it either way.

That they would replace her even without my vote, so I wanted to save Hilton.

But I couldn't save it, the only one who could do it was Rae.

"You have to come back, you have to take the position back" I looked at her.

She still looked tired, but a little less than when she left Hilton.
I probably looked so bad, because I was extremely tired.

I only slept 3-4 hours a night, because there was so much to do, so many meetings to attend, so many decisions to take.

Difficult decisions.

Running hotels in different countries was so damn hard, the work never stopped.

I don't know how she did it, but I couldn't do it anymore.

She looked down and back up at me. "I can't" she whispered.