ACT 2 - eight.

I woke up next to Lando the next morning. His arms were around me, his body against mine.

So this wasn't a dream at all. It was real, we had sex last night, we kissed passionately and sloppy but it was amazing.

But we also agreed that it would be a one time thing. We would forget about it today.

I leaned over to grab my phone and looked at the time. It was already 8 am.

I still had to get Jace ready, get ready and myself and I had a meeting with Zak pretty early.

I crawled out of bed, grabbed my clothes of the floor and started putting them on.

"You can have my hoodie if you want" Lando mumbled. I turned my head and looked at him. "But that wouldn't be very smart, would it?"

He shrugged his shoulders and grabbed my arm, pulling me back to him. "Stay a little longer, please?"

"I can't" I said, even though I wanted. We promised we would forget what happened last night.
We promised each other it would be a one time thing.

A goodbye evening.

I try to forget he was dating Violet last night, but I came back to reality today. He cheated on her, just like he cheated on me.

"Why not?" He pouted and pulled me even closer, he wanted to kiss me again but I pulled away. "Because you're dating Violet and no matter how much I enjoyed last night, I am not gonna be your second choice"

I got up again and grabbed my shoes. While I was putting them on, he was putting his underwear on.

"You're not my second choice" he said softly, but I pretended not to hear him. I wasn't gonna get too involved again.

"Can I see you again tonight?" He asked as he followed me to Jace's crib. I let him wake Jace up and just looked at him.

He was the one that wanted to make sure I would understand that it was a one time thing.

He was the one that broke my heart, he was the one who would be kissing Violet in front of me in a couple of hours.

"I have plans tonight" I said quickly, which made him instantly look at me. "Can you take care of Jace please? I am already late to my meeting with Zak"

I wasn't gonna give him the chance to ask me with who I had plans. It was none of his business and I also didn't want to lie.

He nodded and I leaned closer, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, I'll see you in the garage"

And I couldn't leave his room faster. I needed to get out of there.

I could barely handle a fully clothed Lando, dealing with a shirtless Lando was something else.

Especially when I could still taste his lips on mine, could still feel his body pressed against mine and could still hear his moans.

A cold shower was definitely a need before I would go to the paddock.

————————————

"Thanks Zak" I said as I closed my laptop and got up. Zak wasn't too boring to listen to, meetings with him were always fairly entertaining.

"No Rae, I wanna thank you" he said as he got up as well and looked me straight in the eyes. "I honestly thought you wanted to ruin us, but the car really improved, thanks to you"

"That's what I am here for" I smiled, taking a step back.

A hug from Zak was the last thing I wanted right now.

"Still, I am happy you are on our side, even after what Lando did" Zak said.

I nodded and put my thumb up, before leaving the room.

God that was so embarrassing and awkward, but I needed to get out of there.

It was almost time for quali, so I walked to the garage. I stood next to Juliette who was looking down at her phone.

"We really need to check on the Barcelona hotels soon, it's leaking money since a few months" Juliette said as she showed me the graphs she made.

"We will do that but also give me a list of everyone who works there" I said before turning to Oscar who was walking up to us.

"Still up for tonight?" He asked, which made Juliette immediately look at us. "I definitely am" I smiled and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Good luck today" I smiled.

My gaze went to Lando, who walked up to us with Jace in his arms.

"Sorry to interrupt this little moment, but your son needs attention" he said as he put Jace in my arms.

"Good luck to you too, Lando" I ignored his little comment and smiled at him.

He looked at Oscar, until he got the hint and walked away to his car. Juliette also took a few steps back, leaving me alone with Lando.

"I really enjoyed last night, Rae" Lando mumbled. "I really hope it won't be a one night thing"

He didn't even let me answer, he just walked back to his car and grabbed his helmet on his way there.

He kissed Violet before putting on his helmet, but not before he looked at me one last time.

I was so confused right now.