ACT 2 - six.

Juliette's POV

I rushed to the paddock as soon as I could. I visited the Hilton hotel before I came here.

Rae was keeping me crazy busy lately and I didn't understood why. At first I thought she wanted to get back at Lando, to take her revenge.

But that wasn't the case. She didn't want to see them crash and burn. She wanted to make them better.

I didn't get it, but I trusted her, I trusted her judgment and her business decisions.

She was way smarter than people gave her credit for.

I suspected that she would be in the Mclaren hospitality, so that's where I went first.

There were a lot of people, but Rae was no where to be seen.

"You're Jules, right?" A girl said as she stood in front of me.

Jules, no one called me like that except for Lando.

"Juliette" I corrected her.

"Whatever" she shrugged her shoulders. "Rae isn't here so you can leave again"

"Excuse me?" I literally didn't expect this at all. But what did I expect? She was Violet, so she wasn't gonna be a fan of Rae.

"Get out of this hospitality" she waved her hands a little. "Leave"

I chuckled. "First of all, know your fucking place, Rae is your boss" I looked around, I already noticed no one was a fan of Rae, because everyone had the wrong assumptions about her. "She's everyone's boss for that matter, even your little boyfriend's boss"

She held her chin up a little, because she was trying to look as if she wasn't intimidated.

"You want a battle?" I asked as I leaned closer to her. "I'll give you war"

"Jules, calm down" Lando walked up to us and stood next to Violet, which made her smile, as if he could protect her.

He could do nothing to protect her and he knew that.

I looked at him and chuckled. I wanted to say something I would probably regret. I was definitely gonna regret whatever I wanted to say.

"Let's go outside Juliette" Oscar said as he grabbed my arm gently and pulled me outside. "I can see why you and Rae are best friends. You guys are both crazy"

"Hey, she started it" I laughed. I never really talked to him before, but I knew he became pretty close to Rae recently.

Maybe he didn't know, but I would do everything for Rae. She saved my life, she gave me a job, money and a purpose.

I would kill for her.

"I know" he laughed as well and gestured to follow him. "She's at the Red Bull hospitality"

"Okay? Why is she there?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I just saw her sitting with Max outside his hospitality"

We both walked to their hospitality and she was indeed sitting with Max. She looked quite happy, he said something that made her laugh.  

I didn't see her laugh for a few months now.

"Is she okay?" Oscar asked as we were both looking at her.

He was genuinely concerned about her. He cared about her, I could see that.

"She's intimidating and she scares people away because she's not made of sugar and spice and everything nice, but rather fire and lightning and everything frightening"

I looked at Oscar, who was looking at me as well.

"People see the flames and the wind and they think that she's strong, they think she's powerful"

We both looked back at Rae.

"And she's all that but she just tends to burn herself down sometimes"