ACT 2 - seven. *

Rae's POV

I spend the entire day in the garage, it were the practices and I wanted to see if the upgrades had a positive effect on the car.

Lando's engineer looked at me and gave me a quick nod. I returned it with a smile.

That was a good sign, but I also wanted to hear from the drivers.

I could ask Lando, but I was already walking to Oscar without even realizing it.

"How did the car feel?" I asked as cheerful as I could. Some people thought Oscar was cold, but he wasn't like that at all.

He was just brutally honest and I needed that right now.

"Better than before but not that much of a difference" he said as he turned to me.

"Excellent" I smiled. That was exactly what we were aiming for. The drivers couldn't notice the upgrades, so they didn't need to adapt their driving.

"Are you free tonight?" He asked. "No, Lando wants to see Jace so I will bring him to his room and probably stay there for a while"

I leaned on the table as I was standing next to Oscar and looked at Lando. He was already looking at us and quickly looked away when our eyes met.

"It's good that you guys stay friends for Jace"

"Friends is a big word, but yeah, we have to stay friendly for Jace" I said and looked at how Violet walked up to Lando.

He didn't even acknowledge her, not really. He didn't look at her like he used to look at me.

Like he still looked at me.

"Do they seem happy?" I mumbled, more to myself than to anyone else. "I wouldn't want to be in a relationship like that" Oscar answered.

"Anyways" I cleared my throat. "I am free tomorrow evening."

"Then it's a date" he nudged me with a smile on his face.

I could see how he didn't meant to say that but I just nodded with a smile. I know he didn't mean to say that.

———————————-

"I am sorry, he's already asleep" I whispered as I walked in Lando's room.

"That's okay, at least I will be here when he wakes up" Lando smiled as he carefully took him to the crib he set up for him.

I nodded and looked at the two of them. They used to be the most important people in my life.

They still were.

"Anyways, have a good evening" I smiled.

"Stay please" Lando whispered just as I wanted to turn around. "I know it's probably the wrong thing to do and I'm under no illusions, I know this is the end of the line for us. The damage has been done"

I looked at him, but I didn't say a word, maybe I was not ready to say goodbye either. Maybe I was falling in his trap all over again.

"But for a few moments, do you think we can forget all of that? We have the rest of our lives to go our separate ways"

He took a step closer and took my hand in his. His fingers brushed carefully against my hand.

"Stay here tonight, let's be messy and careless. Tomorrow is another day, let's worry about it then. Just stay, please"

I probably wasn't thinking straight because I nodded before following him to his bed. We crawled in bed and laid down in each other's arms.

I had to admit that I missed him, I missed this.

He put his hand under my chin and made me look at him. His lips were soft against mine but it didn't take us long to make the kiss more passionate, more intense.

Before I knew it, he was laying on top of me, naked and I was naked too.

This was probably so stupid, but it would be a problem for tomorrow. I would regret this tomorrow and I was gonna enjoy this tonight.

"Never forget how incredibly beautiful you are, okay?" Lando whispered, letting out half a moan as he entered me.

I wrapped my legs around him and moved my hips with him. The sex was wild and hard, just as our kisses.

But it was amazing. I couldn't explain how fucking amazing this was.

His moans in my ear, his breath against my skin and his sweaty body against mine.

It was gonna be hard to get over this.