ACT 3 - eight.

I thought I would be happy to be back in Monaco, but being back home also meant coming back to reality.

Coming back to the reality of having to impress everyone at Hilton while taking care of Jace and also attending Lando's races.

I laid down on the couch after putting Jace to bed and sighed. I love him with my entire heart, I don't know if I ever could love someone as much as I loved him.

But I was tired, all the damn time. I slept for 4 hours a night at most.
The babysitter we desperately needed never came, because I just couldn't trust no one.

After everything that happened, I only trusted a few people.

"Are you okay?" Lando asked as he walked in the living room. He probably just finished working out because he was still sweating.

"Totally fine, just tired" I put on a fake smile and opened my arms for him. He laid down in my arms and kissed my cheek a few times.

"Then let's go to sleep" he said. "I can't, I still have to prepare the business review meeting with the fancy suits"

The shareholders or fancy suits as Lando and I called them, were getting more annoying every meeting.
The numbers were incredible but they still found little things to complain about.

Mainly Mclaren and my relationship with them, or with Lando.

"Can't Jules do that?"

"She definitely can, but Zayden is in Monaco and I want them to spend time together" I shrugged my shoulders and pushed my body closer against his. "Well, she's a shareholder now, so she can work for it too"

I gave her 10% of the shares. Which she didn't expect, she also didn't want to accept it, but I kinda forced her.

She deserved it. She deserved every percentage of it.

"I know, maybe she can prepare next meeting" I mumbled.

"I love you baby" he said and put his hand on my cheek. "Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do" I smiled slightly. "I always did and I always will"

He wanted to ask another question, but he didn't. He just smiled and kissed me.

I knew what he wanted to ask, I knew he wanted to know if I fucked Max, he just didn't have the balls to ask it, he didn't want to ruin it again.

Because unfortunately, he already knew the answer to his question.

———————————

I prepared the meeting, but it wasn't as extensive as it normally was.

I knew they would complain about it, or question if I actually put effort in it, which I didn't.

Jace had a terrible night, he cried and cried so I was up all night because Lando needed his sleep.

So yes, I desperately needed a nap but I was still here, still dedicated to what I wanted.

To keep my business running.

"We think it's better you take a step down, Rae" some fancy suit said. It was not the first time they suggested that.

Ever since I gave birth to Jace, they didn't wanted me to step down.

But they couldn't force me. I had the majority of the shares.

"I don't think that's a good idea" I said, for the hundredth time. "But it's not a suggestion" he said sternly.

I frowned, but then I realized what was happening.

"You need 70% of the shares to make solo decisions, Rae" he pointed his finger to me. "And you only own 65% now"

I looked at Juliette, who owned 10%. I couldn't make this decision on my own, but she would be in my corner, right?

Juliette looked at me and mouthed 'I am sorry'. It was then that I realized she betrayed me.

I didn't see it coming, I never expected it. I gave my shares away to someone who was waiting with a knife in her hand.

Just to put it in my back.