ACT 2 - nine.

Quali went amazing for both of the Mclaren boys. They qualified P2 and P3, which was honestly amazing.

Max still ended in front of them, but it didn't matter. It was an amazing accomplishment.

I spend some time in the garage, talking to Juliette and some of the mechanics, who unsurprisingly, were a lot nicer to me now,  before I walked back to the hospitality.

"Hi you" Max Verstappen stopped in front of me and smiled at me. "Good job putting the Mclaren boys on top of the time sheets again"

"I did nothing, that's all on the engineers and drivers"

He shook his head as he noticed how my eyes followed Lando, who was walking in the hospitality.

"Do you like what you see?" He shook me out of my thoughts.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"You know what I see?" He asked as he was studying me. His eyes went from my face down to my legs, back up at my eyes.

"What?" I tipped my chin up, trying to look as confident as I could.

"I see a beautiful girl, with an amazing heart and a corrupted mind" he said.

Not quite what I was expecting.

"I see a girl who's mind is constantly battling with her heart because her heart chooses to feel what her mind chooses to ignore" he continued.

I let out a chuckle because I didn't expect this at all. This wasn't the Max I was used to, but he was... right.

"Whatever" I shrugged my shoulders. "No, it's not whatever Rae, he's playing with you. Fucking you and kissing Violet the next moment"

I tilted my head. "How do you know we had sex?"

"Because I overheard some Mclaren mechanics talk about how smart Lando is to fuck the boss in order to make her spend millions on the team"

So he told them, he was bragging about fucking me and I, once again, fell for his stupid act.

"Thanks Max, I-I need to go"

I said before walking away from him. I didn't want to break down in front of him, in front of everyone.

I walked back to my office and closed the door behind me.

I let out a sigh. I knew last night was gonna be a mistake, I knew it would break me all over again but I was gonna pretend as if it didn't hurt me at all.

I was gonna pretend I was completely fine.

There was a soft knock on my door, I opened it and Oscar was standing in front of it. "Are you ready?"

"I am" I smiled.

I wasn't gonna use Oscar to get back at Lando. That was never my intention. I wouldn't get involved with another Mclaren guy.

But he seems nice and he treated me like a normal person. Not like I was his boss, or like a rich spoiled girl.

I needed that right now. I needed someone who would be straight to me.

Oscar was definitely that guy.

————————————

I was grateful that he didn't plan something elaborate. He just kept it sweet and simple, he knew it wasn't a date.

Oscar was nice, but I was afraid I would be too much for him. Lando could barely handle me sometimes.

But he could be a good friend because I love hanging out with him. For some reason, he always made me laugh.

"When is your family coming to a race?" I asked as I sat down.

We were walking around the city for a while now, so we both agreed on taking a little break.

"I don't know, they're pretty busy in Australia, so probably not any time soon" he said as he took a seat next to me. "Yours?"

As soon as he asked the question, he realized he made a mistake.

"I mean-sorry that was stupid" he quickly said.

"It's okay" I shrugged it off. "I think I'm better on my own anyways"

"No, you are not, but not many people can handle you, or dare to come close to you even though they want to"

Like I said, he wasn't afraid to be brutally honest with me.

"Maybe, but I am glad you aren't one of those people" I nudged him playfully.

"I will always be on your side, boss" he nudged me back with a smile on his face.

I never expected this, but he definitely turned out to be a great friend.