ACT 4 - four

Juliette's POV

I put my head in my hands and sighed. I was in such a mess ever since I took over Rae's position as CEO.

I don't know how she did it, I don't know how she could handle all this pressure. I was definitely not made for this.

Employees were leaving because the stakeholders cut their wages, took most of their benefits away and just didn't listen to them.

That caused a big domino effect, there were too many employees quitting, so we couldn't offer the luxurious service we were known for.

Restaurants had to close, I had no employees left in the spa.

Hilton was crumbling down and I couldn't stop it. I had to listen to these damn stakeholders.

"Come watch the qualifying baby" Zayden yelled from the living room.

I closed my laptop, got up and fell down next to him. I thought it would take my mind off of things.

But it didn't, at all.

They showed Rae, she was smiling and waved a little at the camera.

Rae Delvey, co-owner of Mclaren, owner of Hilton Hotels, Lando Norris' girlfriend.

I guess their secret was out again.

"Talk about a power couple" Zayden smiled as he looked at the television.

Yes they were.

"She has no idea her business is breaking down though" I mumbled, more to myself that to Zayden.

He pulled me to his chest and looked at me. "Then go talk to her"

"She doesn't want to talk to me, she doesn't answer my texts or my phone calls"

And trust me, I tried, a lot. I texted her so many times, I called Lando too but Rae probably told him not to pick up.

I lost them both with one stupid decision.

A decision I made for her. They were gonna kick her out no matter what. They could force her if they could prove she wasn't handling the business correctly.

Sponsoring Mclaren while dating Lando was enough to prove that.

One of the shareholder's sons was gonna take her place, until I spoke up. With my 10% I could step over him, so that's what I did.

For her.

But she never let me explain, she shut me out completely. I missed her, I missed Lando, I missed little Jace.

"Then go to her, make her talk to you" Zayden shook me out of my thoughts. "You clearly know where she is" he nodded at the television.

"Yes, but I need a paddock pass"

He nodded. "I'll call Lando after qualifying, he will pick up, I'm sure of that" he put his hand under my chin and made me look at him. "And then you need to convince her to come back"

"She's the only one who can save Hilton" he mumbled. It wasn't an insult to me, he also noticed I didn't like being the CEO.

I just want to go back to the way it was, but I didn't know if she could fix this.

"She's gonna be so mad, she's gonna think I ruined it on purpose"

He shook his head. "It's Rae" he rubbed his thumb against my cheek. "She'll come up with a plan and you will help her"

He pressed his lips against mine and kissed me passionately.

"Talk about a power duo" he smiled on my lips.

Yes, we were.