𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

╔═══. ☀︎︎ .═════════════╗

Chapter Twenty: Reuniting

╚══════════════. ☾.═══╝

IN THE AIR— The next day, Lady Micte returns to her owl form and with Maya on her back the two were heading straight for Teca.

Maya shouts down to her mother, "Once we get to Teca, we must—"

Maya looks back up gasping seeing a huge flock of white small birds fly straight for their faces. After the birds passed it was just a few feet away before they made it to Teca.

"Mama! Papa!" Maya shouts landing.

"Ay, thank the dioses! Maya's back" Queen Teca says relieved, her baby bump bigger than ever.

The King and Queen walk just a few sets from the palace it was there that Queen Teca's was reunited with Maya.

"You did it! Wait. Where are your warrior friends and (Y/n)?" King Teca's asks with his face falling.

Maya looks up to her parents with guilt in her eyes, "Remember when I promised we'd cross the Endless Forest to destroy the Divine Gate?"

The King raises his brow with a worried smile, "Yes, why?"

"Oh no" Queen Teca covers her mouth bracing for what Maya had to say.

Maya sighs, "Well... Instead I convince them to go through the gate and storm Lord Mictlan's Temple."

"Oh Maya..." The Queen groans holding herself while King Teca's held the same smile on his face. Chiapa roars softly at her.

Maya sighs once again, "I thought we were the true prophecy. I thought... I believed. I was... I was wrong. And because of me, my friend died helping us escape."

"Oh no. How did the rest of you get out?" Her father asks with his smile now dropped.

"We were flown to safety" Maya replies turning back towards the owl. The King and Queen look towards each other, and there the owl shapeshifts back into Lady Micte with a warm smile.