Chapter 27

Kerstin was so impatient the whole flight as she bounced her leg up and down. I know she was taking it way harder than her siblings because of the way Shelly had treated her. Pulling her into my lap I rub her belly until she was fast asleep.
I was really happy for her but the whole situation was really fucked up. We didn't even talk about her "mom" and now we find out that her mom isn't her mom?
As crazy as it sounded it was all true really broke my heart to see my wife going though this at. Planning a nice little lunch for Kerstin's big day tomorrow.

Laying my head back I nod off to sleep.

Friday, October 9th
Kerstin's actual mother was beautiful she had the biggest smile on her face when I walked into the house carrying her daughter. Those kind green eyes nothing like Shelly's, they may be twins but they looked nothing alike to me. Shelly was obviously the one who  was jealous of her younger sister Kelly.  Nodding for her to follow me to the master bed room I lay Kerstin down and take off her shoes.
"My baby is all grown up!" Kelly starts to cry and Tevin  holds onto her like if he let go she would disappear.

We all freeze when Kerstin starts to move, stretching she realizes she's in a bed and sits up quickly. Rubbing her eyes as she calls my name.

"King are we there yet?" She says with her eyes still closed.
"Open your eyes baby stop being lazy." I say rubbing her foot. Quickly her green eyes lock with mine.
"Happy Birthday beautiful." I say smiling at her.
"We're home! Why didn't you wake me I have to go see my mom! What the fuck Chance? MOVE!" She says trying to jump out the bed. Way to ruin the moment.

"Lil girl who you think you talking to?" I ask cutting my eyes at her and she starts crying.
Fuck.
"Ba-" I try to say but she pushes me out the way causing her parents to laugh and her eyes snap to my side of the bead where they stand wrapped in each other's arms.

"Hi princess," he mom whispers with tears falling down her face. I grab Kerstin as she try's to run over to her mom.
"No running." I say kissing her forehead quickly before letting her go.
"Chance I'm fine now please move." She snaps at me. Walking behind her I can't help but smile as her and her mom hug and cry. Nodding to the door me and Tevin leave them together to catch up. It's been twenty years almost since they'd seen one another. I can't Evan imagine how Tevin is feeling right now. If it was Kerstin and I was in his shoes I would be on a killing spree and that's a fact. 

Shutting the door we walk back down stairs to the kitchen and I start on dinner. I had sent Jacob out to get the items I would need to make some of my homemade lasagna. Kerstin has been craving it for a few days and I was planning on making it tonight before everything happened. Same dinner plans but a different after dinner plans.

"What are you making?" Tevin asks sitting the the bar.
"Lasagna, Kerstin wants it. Along with my monkey bread."
"Oh she is just like her mother, I had to cook spaghetti every other night." Tevin says chuckling then frowning at the memory on the lost years with his wife.
"How are you holding up dad?" I ask after the awkward silent passes.
"I feel so stupid." He says breaking down. My momma always said real men cry and seeing Tevin break down I know he regretted most of his choices in the past.

"I let my family go through Shelly's bull shit because I couldn't tell the difference between her and Kelly. Crazy thing is we went to Shelly funeral when the triplets were five. So I just thought Kelly was... God Chance what have I done?" He freezes up and silently cries. Pulling out my phone I text my parents and let them know Jacob is on his was to get them. I could offer Tevin only so much help my father would know what to say.