Chapter 30 (The End... of book #1)

"Kevin," I call out as the rest of the family watched Shelly be taken away.
"Yes?" He asked smiling brightly at my big belly.
"What's with the gun?" I asked kind of scared. My sweet older brother just pulled out a loaded gun not even two minutes ago. Where did he get a loaded gun? Why does he have it?

"It's nothing I'm license to carry. Hurry up and have the baby." He says smiling and walks away. Looking down I shake it off, a soft smile forms on my face just a few more months.

"Kerstin darling?" Kelly called out to me. Shyly I walk over to her and my father. Grabbing my hand my mom wrapped me in her arms and she starts to cry.

"Kerstin I'm sorry you had to go though this growing up must have been hard for you. I can't even begin to imagine all of the terrible things she's done nor said to you. My darling girl I have failed you as a mother."

We were strangers to each other. I know she's my mom but who is this woman. I has been so use to Shelly that it was hard to open up. Yet I couldn't not open up because it happened naturally. It was like my body knew this was right. Breaking down with her we cry for what felt like forever. Once I fixed my face I felt whole again. My mom actually loved me an cared deeply for me.

I was not a failure.

Looking up I thank God for this, for her my mother.
"Kerstin baby girl, I promise you that I will make it all up to you as much as I can. If you'll let me." Kelly said pulling back and brushing my hair back with her hands.
"Of course... Mom," I whisper drying my tears with a soft smile.

Rubbing my belly in a claiming manner I walk over to the front steps and sit down. This was all  so much and I didn't want to stress the baby anymore. So I decided to take a little nap. Getting in the car I start it up and doze off.

"Kerstin baby, wake up." Rolling over I stretch out and open my eyes. I was home bed half dressed.
"Hi my handsome husband." I say smiling brightly slowly sitting up. It was now dark outside and I was full of energy.
"Hello my beautiful wife and son." Smiling I kiss his lips I sit up slowly.
"Oh, your parents is on their way over for dinner. Me and pops gone be in the man cave while you and your mom catch up. I personally love the affect this is having on you. You are so much more confident at work yet motherly. It's sexy."

Not realizing it I was crying happy tears, as I wrapped myself around Chance.
"Stop feeling my head up with sweet words." I say punching him playfully.
"I am grown," he says grabbing my sides.
"Yeah yeah don't get beat up. Now take me to get a sponge bath."
"Eww no I'll run you water maybe give you some of this... nah never mind you need your legs later on. Soooo your on your own baby."
"Yeah okay," I say rolling my eyes.

"Make sure you scrub my back in the middle it itches so bad, I can never reach it." I asked as he finished washing my shoulders.
"Is that it mommy?" Chance asked doing as I had asked.
"Yes my sweet King, who's so good to me. Gimme kiss."
"Anything for you my beautiful queen. Now let get ready for dinner."
****
One week later...

"Hello everyone welcome! Thank you once again for coming to welcome Kelly with us, please have a seat. Dinner will be served in fifteen minutes. The host said as the staff brought out platters of food." The host said.

I'm glad Kim put this together, when word got out to the media. This whole thing really blew up, so many long lost friends reach out. Family friends I didn't know were still alive. Church friends that back off after the unknown swap. So many positive good people welcoming my mom, thanking God she wasn't Shelly. Watching from a distance I let my mom enjoy the people who loved and missed her. I had spend plenty of time earlier this morning and she needed this. I prayed to God that I wouldn't miss anymore of my mothers life and that she wouldn't miss mine or the baby's.

"Hey you," Kim said walking up sitting with me.
"Hi sissy," I say smiling at her.
"How you holding up? I know this can't be easy on you. I'm going nuts myself. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel." She said giving me a side hug.
"Honestly I'm okay, I told mom all of the horrible things that happened to me and we cried until we couldn't cry anymore. She apologized over and over blaming herself. She knew what Shelly was doing to a certain point she would go visit mom and tell her about us, but only enough to make mom cry. Mom says she's proud of me for keeping myself together all these years and it's not my fault. I'm still her sweet girl, God protects his own." I say smiling at my sister.
"I'm sorry you went through that. I wasn't around much to know about this I didn't like mom so much and now we know why. It was hard for me. But it was only a test! I'm glad we weathered out the storm sissy pooh! Now we have our shining star back. It's like she never left. The light of our family. I love you guys so much!"
"I love you too Kim."

"Yo I know you two corn balls not crying!" Kevin says laughing as he sat down.
"No," Kim says rolling her eyes.
"Mhmm. Whatever. I missed that woman so much man it's like everything is falling into place you know?"
"We know!" Kim and I say smiling hard.

WELCOME HOME KELLY!

________________________________
I know I know.., it was short. 😐 It was longer originally but I had to cut it short this book is over 150,000 words almost 😭 I'm trying to get ready for publishing so book 1 had to end, in order for me to write book #2. Which won't be posted until I finish writing the first 10 chapters. Since MISS INDEPENDENT
is posted I will be doing weekly updates starting today! Yay! Cheer! I feel like Kevin's story will give you a better look on how being raised by Shelly affects them all before their lives change for good. I do hope you enjoy!
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT😘😍😭❤️

Arayaik 💋