Chapter 3

Chance

Beep!
Beep!
Beep!

Groaning I rolled out of bed rubbing my hands down my face. Looking the clock I got out of bed and jumped in the shower. While I was in there I was think about last night with Kerstin, we had a blast last night. Turning off the shower I got ready to go into the office. After I was dressed I grabbed my phone and keys. There was a message from Kerstin from last night.

K.London
I had a wonderful time with you.

I smiled at her innocence and called her on my way out the door. Her secretary answered and told me she was in a meeting and that she would have her call me back as soon as she finished.

I had been busy working on Kerstin's house. Matt had just brought me my lunch when I felt my pocket vibrate. Looking down I saw Kerstin's number and I picked it up

"Hey beautiful lady" I heard girly giggles on the other end of the phone.
"Hi Chance," she replied.
"What's up with you?"
"I been in meetings all morning."
"Mmm... did you eat lunch?"
"That's what I'm doing now"
"Well eat and just text me that way we both can eat," I said laughing.
"Okay Chance."
"Bye Beautiful"

She said something like mmhmmbye and hung up, I guess she was chewing. Shaking my head I started texting and eating. When I finished eating I started working again. At 5pm I was leaving the office I turned off the light and went to the gym.

As I was finishing up my last two sets X walked up. Xavier is one of my buddies I built his house and his studio's.

"Wassup man."
"Nothing much working like always."
"We still on for tomorrow right?"
"No doubt."
"Ight cool."

When I got home it was 7:30PM, I cooked me some veggies and steak. Grabbing me a glass of water and a glass of white grape juice I sat down to eat. Just as I finished eating my phone rung and I picked up without looking.

"Hello"
"Hey baby why you ain't called me the last couple of days?" I heard a slurry female voice saying into the phone.
"I'm not your baby and stop calling my phone Phalisha," I said and hung up the phone slamming it on the table. I told the girl a billion time to leave me alone, I ignore every call text I must change my number tomorrow. My phone started ring and I snatched it up answering it without looking and yelled.

"WHY THE HELL YO ASS STILL CALLING ME SHIT!"
"Hello....I think I called the wrong number," I heard Kerstin's sexy voice say.
"No Kerstin you didn't. Sorry about that I just thought you were someone else," I breathed trying to calm down.

The other end of the line was deadly silent.

"Kerstin you still there?"

Kerstin

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Chance the sweetest gentlest man I know screaming. But at who? I can hear him rambling on the other end on the phone.

"Chance I'm here are you okay?"
"I sorry I didn't check the number. Sorry if I scared you or an-," he was rambling on.
Cutting him off I said "It's fine Chance. You want to talk about it"
"No," he signed and asked about my day.
I just dropped the subject and told him about my day. Which really suck due to the fact that I spent my entire day trapped in meetings. I asked about his day and he said it was great until he got an unexpected phone call from someone he didn't want to communicate with. He also told me that he had a bunch of suggestions to show me for the house.

We have a meeting Monday at his office. I was really excited that I was finally getting my dream house.

"Chance I can't wait to move in," I said laughing.
"Girl I got to build the house first," he replied cracking up.
"I know, I know so hurry up!"
"Yes ma'am Mistress London," he yelled playfully into the phone. I had tears rolling down my face that's how hard I was laughing.