Chapter 1 - Mate

Hi guys! :) I just want to ask you not to stop reading halfway... My first few chapters suck a little, but it gets better, I promise! And, I will edit them soon :) So read on!

Brooke's POV

Everything was a blur. The fight. My family. Everything. It happened so fast. I was the one lone survivor. I never felt so alone in my life. The Shadow Moon pack had left by now.

The Shadow Moon pack. They killed my family. I hate them for it. I vowed to kill them. I knew I couldn't, but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't at least try.

My side was bleeding a lot from when one of them stabbed me. I had to go find help. I shifted to my dark brown wolf. I ran as fast as i could go without hurting my wound too much.

My throat burned from the lack of water, and I was starving. To top it all off, I was exhausted, but i kept running. I couldn't stop. I couldn't take the risk of the Shadow Moon pack finding me. It was too dangerous. They would kill me within seconds. I kept running.

I slowed down. I was losing too much blood. That was the last thing i remembered before i collapsed on the cold, hard ground.

*When she woke up*

I blinked.

I realised my wounds had been bandanged up loosely. It was poorly bandaged. But at this point of time, I didn't care. All my attention was on figuring out where I was.

The room i was in was small. No windows either. It reminded me of a jail cell. Where was i? I had no idea. I walked towards the cell door and knocked it hard.

A tall man with bright blue eyes opened the door. He glanced at me and told me to stay there till he gets back. And then he left without another word.

I couldn't breathe. I recognised that man. He killed my mother. He was part of the Shadow Moon Pack.

I clutched the black robe, that somebody had probably put on me last night, tightly, as flashes of the previous night came back to me.

* Flashback *

"NO. LET HER GOOO!" I shouted at him. He smirked, obviously not listening to me.

"No, honey listen to me. There's no time. Its okay. Go hide. Find your sister and hide. Be sa-"

He cut her off. The knife was slashed across her throat. She wouldn't have died, because of her werewolf healing powers. But she did. Because the knife that he used to kill her was made of silver - the one thing that werewolves can not heal once it cuts them.

* Flashback over *

I cried for hours when she died. I never got to get my sister either. She was dead too. I know i will soon join them. The Shadow Moon pack are merciless, there is no way i can get away from my fate.

The man that killed my mother came back after a while. He grabbed me gruffly by my wrists and dragged me away.

"Where are we going?" I whispered to him. I was petrified. He didn't reply, instead he grabbed my hand harder and pushed me in a room.

This room was gigantic. It had to be at least 3 times bigger than my own room back home. I caught a whiff of a woodsy, masculine scent, and my body froze. It couldn't be.

This means my mate is near, and that my mate, was part of the pack that killed my family. I glanced around the room, hoping to find the person who was emitting the scent.

Seated right in the middle of the room, was a man in a dark purple cloak. I knew him as the Shadow Moon pack's alpha - Another person I hate.

He met my eyes.

"Mate."

--------------------

Hey guys! This is my first story, so no bad comments please! Don't forget to fan, comment, VOTE and share! :)

I know its kinda short but i'll update soon!!!!

~Claudia