Chapter 20 - Discussion

Brooke's POV

Jace and Cayden were now huddled in Jace’s room, surrounding me. Jace had wanted to discuss this, so that we could figure it all out quickly. In fact, the sooner, the better. Time was tight now, and if we didn’t use it wisely, I was afraid of the consequences. I didn’t know what they would be but I know that it wasn’t good. Death, most likely. Maybe we would just get really injured, if we’re lucky.

Unfortunately, I am still confined to the bed by the doctor. True, I was a werewolf. But my wounds were quite major, and required some time to heal, probably a few days, a week at the most. Jace had forbidden me to leave the room, and hence, insisted that the discussion be brought to his room instead.

Everything had been explained to Cayden, who although appeared to be in shock, seemed to be a major advantage on our side. He seemed to be helping us a great deal, by throwing ideas of his own in, while listening to ours. “I think that the old man you were talking about, would play a key role in helping us. He seemed like he was expecting Brooke. We should track him down.” Cayden stated. I had to admit that he was right.

“You’re right. He could help us a lot. He is after all, in the vision.” I repeated out loud, what I had been thinking earlier. They both nodded, agreeing with me.

“But how do we find him? We don’t have any idea where he is. He could be in Antarctica, for all we know.” Jace said the question that we all had been dreading. This was where we would get confused. We had to somehow find a man, whom we have never met before, that could be in any part of the world. I sighed. This was impossible. I was on the verge of losing hope.

“Is there any form of a clue perhaps, in your vision? The Moon Goddess should have sent you a clue or something.” I looked up at Jace, and shook my head sadly. I closed my eyes, desperately trying to remember that particular part of the vision, hoping that I would find a clue, even if it was a small one. I couldn’t, as much as I tried. In all honesty, I had been so confused and surprised at my vision that I had completely missed out all the small details, which didn’t seem important at the time.

“Can you describe the place to us? It may help us an immense deal.” I nodded, recalling the place where the man had been.

“It was in a log house, or what I think is a log house. It looked kind of old, and antique, and looked as if it had been designed in around the fifteen hundreds. My father was an architect, and sometimes he would show me how buildings were designed before, in contrast to how they were now. I once saw how they were built in the fifteen hundreds, and they show a striking resemblance to the house the man was living. In fact, it seems so similar that it can pass off, as that it was actually built during the fifteen hundreds.” I laughed at the absurdity of the house. It was rather peculiar, if you asked me.

Jace, on the other hand, seemed to be deep in thought. “How did the man look like again?” He asked me. His eyebrows were furrowed together. I knew he had a lead. He may know who the man is. With excitement lacing my words, I exclaimed, “He looked like Santa Claus!” Then I started giggling. Cayden joined in laughing soon after.

I looked over to Jace, expecting him to laugh along with us. But he didn’t. Instead, he ran over to his bedside table and yanked out The Book from the drawer. He flipped the pages at top speed. Cayden and I had stopped laughing by now, and proceeded to stare at Jace in curiosity.

He placed the book, flipped to a page, on the bed, at an angle which both me and Cayden could read it without much difficulty.  “This should be the man you were talking about. He only moves to a different country every thousand years. The reason that his house looked like it was built in the fifteen hundreds, is because it was probably built in the fifteen hundreds.” He pointed to the page.