Chapter 8 - Death

Jace's POV

They found her. They actually found her. I wanted to jump for joy, but from the way Cayden ran here, I'm guessing if we don't act fast, the scent will fade away. No way in hell was I going to let that happen.

"Where?"

"Near the border of the Sherwood pack. We can't cross it. " he answered me.

Alpha Daniel. That jerk lied to me. He's the reason I didn't find my mate sooner. I wanted to kill that douche. I ignored that thought though. Now is not the time to bother about that. I had to find Brooke.

Now I know why they haven't brought her to me. If they cross the border, they will get killed. I couldn't cross it either. I groaned in frustration. The Moon Goddess hates me. She truly, truly does.

I couldn't take it anymore. 2 weeks without seeing my mate and it's killing me. I was going to find her no matter what it takes. I was willing to take that chance. For Brooke.

I ran out of the pack house, ignoring Cayden's cries to stop. I shifted into my black wolf. I didn't care that my clothes shredded into a million pieces. It didn't matter anymore. Brooke was only about fifteen minutes away. Nothing would stop me from finding her and bringing her back home with me.

I crossed the border and sniffed. I could smell strawberries and chocolate. Brooke's scent. I always found it a little funny how I never liked strawberries yet I was so addicted to her scent. The scent was faint, but it was there. I sniffed the air again. I nearly laughed. Stupid pack. There were no wolves around, at all. No guards, nothing. Rogues could come and go as they please. Never mind the fact that it was lunch time. It was still incredibly dumb.

I could smell however another scent, almost as faint as Brooke's. They were hear together. I growled. The scent was from a male wolf.

I followed Brooke's scent and ran as fast as I coukd without hesitation. She was with another man. No, I won't let that happen. I will bring her back to me.

Finally I stopped running. She was close I could feel it. I was a couple of meters away from the pack house. I stared at the room in front of me. I knew she was in it. I couldn't see through the window though, there were curtains covering it.

But there was a small gap between the curtains and with my werewolf eye sight, I could clearly see what was going on in the room.

She was kissing another man, on a full blown make out session. I growled.

I felt the glass break and pierce into my flesh. I didn't care. I would die for Brooke.

An image of Brooke kissing him ran through my mind again. I growled. This douche is going down.

Brooke's POV

*Rewind to when she ran away in the woods*

"What's going on? Why'd you suddenly take off like that? I've never seen you run so fast before." Austin asked me. His face held nothing but worry. Worry for me. I found that really sweet actually.

"Nothing. It's just that....erm....well, I got too close to the border. If I didn't run away fast, my scent will be stronger there. The chance of Jace finding me will be higher. And my heat is not helping...." I heard myself saying. The thing with Austin is, you never find yourself lying to him. He's just one of those people you can trust.

"Shit. This is all my fault, I'm so sorry, I forgot. Don't worry, I'll make sure he doesn't find you. Shit. I should've known better. Urgh." He said, obviously angry at himself.