Chapter 14 - Love

Brooke's POV

If there was one thing I know about werewolves, it would be that werewolves, rarely got ill. And they hardly ever, went into comas. So I was most definitely shocked when I saw that Jace was one of the unlucky few who ever got into comas.

I had ran to him, screaming his name, shaking him so hard, and hoping that maybe, he would be conscious again. It didn't work, obviously. The pack doctor had ushered him away, and didn't allow anybody to see him while they were doing check ups and all the medical procedures that had to be done. Those few hours were painful, as I sat outside waiting for the results, which were hopefully positive. The pack doctor, however, never dealt with this kind of situation before, for as I said before, werewolves in comas were rare.

There was nothing he could do except wait for Jace to wake up. If he ever did. That was something I had tried not to think about. It wasn't an if. It was only a matter of when he woke up.

Today, was the third day in a row, that Jace remained unconscious. I never left his side, except when Taylor forced me to have a bath. And even then, I would use the bathroom in the pack hospital.

I went to ask a nurse for a towel and a bowl of warm water, to clean him. I did this every day. Sometimes, even twice or thrice a day. Taylor entered the room after a while, and sat down on one of the chairs in his hospital bed.

"Brooke. Let's go out shopping or something. You can't stay here forever." Taylor has been telling me the same thing for the past three days. She hoped that I would go and do something else other than take care of Jace. And each time she asked, I always had the same answer - No.

"Not forever," I shook my head. "Just until he's well again."

Taylor wasn't satisfied with my answer. She never was, nowadays. "Brooke, you really need to get out. He'll still be here when you get back! Just come with me to have a quick meal. You look like you haven't eaten in forever." She kept trying to persuade me, though as you can see, it wasn't working at all.

"Please?"

No answer.

"With a cherry on the top?"

No answer.

"Just a little while?"

Still no answer.

It sort of just went on for about the next ten minutes or so, until she stopped asking. I guess she must've either grown bored of it (though I doubt so), or she finally realises that my answer will never be yes.

She leaned back on the couch, with her eyebrows furrowed, as if thinking hard about something. She watched me, as I wiped Jace's face with a cloth. When I was done, I walked over to Taylor and took a seat beside her.

"You like him, don't you?" Taylor finally asked, after quite a while of an awkward silence. Her tone held triumph and pride, like she just figured out something, nobody could.

Naturally, I denied it. Yet, as the words came out of my mouth, I couldn't stop the blush that settled on my cheeks. I tilted my head down a bit, hoping maybe Taylor didn't see me blush. She did, of course. I, being as pale as a vampire, couldn't hide my blush very well. Due to my fair skin colour, it was very obvious as well.

Taylor raised a single eyebrow. My blush deepened even more. "I don't like him that way!" I protested.

As much as it may seem so, I wasn't lying. At least, I didn't think I was. I knew I wasn't ready to forgive him just yet.

"Whatever floats your boat." I rolled my eyes at her answer.

"I don't have a boat." I retorted back.