Chapter 22 - The Light Dawn Pack

-- Please read the author's note at the end of the chapter --

Brooke's POV

I sighed, exasperated, and plopped myself down on the couch. The plane that would take us to Panama, was scheduled to take off this evening. We, as in me and Jace, were already packed and ready to go. That was clearly not my dilemma. The problem was, that Jace had allowed me to take a friend along with me for company, and unfortunately, I had no one to bring. If you had not already noticed, I was not the most sociable person there was. I had in fact, only two friends – Taylor and Remy. Cayden, who due to fact that he had to look after the pack while Jace was away and could not follow us to Panama, had forbade Taylor to tag along, stating that he could not survive so long without his mate. Taylor had no choice in that matter. Remy, had no choice either. She had been put in charge of training some of the teenagers in the area of fighting, which made a lot of sense seeing as she is the pack’s assassin.

I had two choices at this point of time. A, I could make a friend and ask her to come with. That would be a challenge. I truly was not very sociable. Or B, I could suck it up and just go with Jace, alone. The choice of the latter seemed to be the more reasonable one. However, the thought of going anywhere alone with Jace gave me mixed feelings. On one hand, I felt rather uneasy about it. Yet, I also felt a sense of happiness, and the thought had given me goose bumps.

“Brooke?” Jace’s voice instantly snapped me out of my thoughts. He saw me on the couch, and continued talking, “We will be staying with the Light Dawn pack, while in Panama. They will be protecting us, as well as giving us a place to stay, and food to eat, so you have to be on your best behavior.” I perfectly understood him, and what he said had made perfect sense. I nodded, masking my annoyance. The tone he had chosen to use on me, was not something I liked. He didn’t treat me like I was his mate and the Luna, and I hated it.

He did not notice my irritation, and passed me a brochure of Panama to look at, while he went to settle some Alpha business. I took it, and flipped through it. Until recently, I had never heard of Panama. It was a country, located in the southernmost country of Central America, near Columbia. I looked at the pictures the brochure contained, in awe. Panama was indeed a beautiful country, and I could see why the Oracle lives there, besides the obvious geographical reasons.

Then, I realized something. Panama was a huge country, and had a population of over three million people. How were we, supposed to find one person in the whole of Panama? The only clue we had as to where he was or how to find him, was his appearance of both himself and his house. I shook my head; I should not worry too much. He couldn’t be too hard to find. From the vision, I could already tell he lived in the less congested part of the country, in someplace where everybody hardly went to. It should be easy to find him from here.

I got up from the sofa, feeling bored. I looked at the time. It was already four o’clock in the afternoon. Our flight was at 7. The airport was about an hour drive from the pack house, hence we would have to leave the house at around 6. Two more hours, I thought.

I flipped to a random channel on the television, deciding to watch a movie to kill time. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone was on, and that was the movie that I watched for the next two hours.

Before I knew it, Jace was already standing at the front door was our luggage, calling my name. It was time to leave for the airport.

“I’m going to miss you so much!” Taylor said, hugging me tight.

Laughing, I said my ‘goodbye’s and hugged Taylor and Remy. Jace tugged my arm; I sighed. It was time to go. I knew I had to go to Panama, and find the Oracle, because he would be a major help to us in this problem of ours. But I didn’t want to go. For the pack, I would have to.