Chapter 3 - The Escape

Brooke's POV

The sun was shining. Birds were chirping. And i'm stuck here.

I tried to escape. I really did. I found the main door, but its guarded. My ma-

Wait. He's not my mate. He never will be.

The alpha ordered his guards to make sure i don't leave. So basically, i'm trapped.

I groaned. I have been lying on ny bed for a couple of hours now. You'd think that if he kidnapps me, he would at least give me something to do. If you can't tell, he didn't. I'm bored to death.

My wolf started to speak to me again.

Go talk to him.

no.

Maybe he'll at least let you go for a run.

no.

Please?

no. i hate him.

GO!

HELL NO.

With that i blocked her. I hate being mean to my wolf. But she was so annoying sometimes. I really hate him. She just won't understand.

That's when i decided to try to sneak out. I knew it was impossible (the place was crawling with guards) but i knew i had to at least try.

I looked at my clothes. I was wearing jeans with a black top. I had changed this morning with clothes some guard brought for me.

Perfect.

The woods were dark, they couldn't see me if i wore dark- coloured clothes. But it doesn't really matter anyway, i would shift and the clothes wouldn't be there anymore.

I started my little plan then.

The first step was to get away from the guard guarding my room door. Yes, there was a guard there. But I don't even think he's human! (Oh wait, he isn't human...I forgot about that for a sec) He is that strong. His muscles were large and pressed against his shirt. I couldn't take him, if i did, i would need to put on about 50 pounds of weight. And i would STILL have trouble beating him.

I wasn't trained that well either. I tend to skip my training sessions because, well, I hate them. Who wants to be around about 50 sweaty people and run till you drop dead on the floor? Nobody, and certainly not me.

Guess i'll have to use my brains.

I sat on my bed and thought for about 20 minutes and only though of one plan. The old help-there's-a-spider-in-the-room trick. It seemed too simple. The guard would figure out.

But it was the only one I had, and I was desperate to get out.

So I tried.

The Guard's POV

I heard a scream. It was high-pitched, and boy, was it loud. Crap, it's coming from the girl's room. If anything happens to her, I would get murdered. No worse, demoted. In my pack, getting demoted was the worst possible thing that could happen to you.

Being demoted would be a very embarrassing, painful ordeal. One that I didn't want to go through.

I dashed into her room.

She was on her bed. Her eyes held fear. I panicked. Were some enemies here? Someone tried to kill her? My mind was filling up with possibilities.

You would be happy to know all the panic, all the fear was because of a spider. Yea, you heard me right. A spider.

I groaned. When I joined the service to be a guard of an alpha, I wanted to fight enemies, not catch a spider.

I was given orders to do all I could to please her, even if it included catching a spider.

"Alright, where is it?" I said, not too keen to be wasting my time.

She pointed under her bed. I crouched down to take a look at it.

Right at this moment, I felt a hard kick on my butt. I cursed under my breath as the girl ran out of the room.

I was gonna be in sooo much trouble. I couldn't believe I fell for it. This trick was the oldest in the book.

I ran out of the room, ready to catch her. But this girl really kicked me hard, instead, I called some other guards to go after her.

The shocked looks on their faces said it all. I was doomed. The alpha is definitely going to kill me.

Brooke's POV

I kept running. This felt like the woods again, when they kidnapped me. Only this time I won't make the mistake of stopping.

Guards were everywhere, crawling the place to find me.

Not going to happen.

Not this time.

I ran and ran.

I turned to my right, and saw guards. Not good, I told myself.

I turned to my left, all clear.

Perfect.

I took off in that direction. More guards appeared seconds later. I knew I couldn't run anymore. They had me cornered.

I fell on the ground in defeat. Seeing I had surrendered, they ordered a guard to chain me up. Silver chains.

There were only a few things in this world, that werewolves were allergic to. Silver being one of them. It could kill me. What are they thinking?

They used gloves to handle the chains as they chained me up. The chains burned at my flesh.

I screamed. Never have I felt sheer pain until this day.

I was dragged (literally) to the alpha.

Our eyes met. The whole world seemed to stop for a split second

...then I growled at him

"Feisty, I like it" he approached me

He was wearing a tight blue shirt that showed off his 6 pack, and boy did he look hot in it.

Wait, what?

What am I saying? He killed my family. That asshole.

I tried to stand up, but the chains burned my flesh, and I yelled in pain. Guess he's trying to kill me too.

"I'm not trying to kill you, the chains are just so you won't run away." he smirked.

How did he hea- Oh yea. Damn mate mind-reading skills.

" HEY...." So much for trying to yell at him. I didn't know his name. He chuckled when he realized that and told me his name - Jace.

Jace

It was my...my brother's nickname. But he was dead. I didn't know what to think.

But I knew one thing, I will never be his mate. I will never be mates with a murderer.

I saw the flash of hurt in his eyes. He read my mind again. I instantly felt bad, but I pushed that feeling away. Afterall, he did kill my family.

And my pack.

--------------------

Heyhey! The chapter is finally done! Hope y'all like it! Please tell me what your thoughts are! Would love to hear em'! Sorry if this chapter was too boring....

The next chapter will be up soon! Don't forget to fan, comment, and VOTEEEE :)

~Claudia