Chapter 23 - Taylor?

--Please read the author's note at the end of the chapter--

Chapter dedication: @splashmonster, the only person who votes and comments for every chapter of mine. Her comments always make me smile. Check out her book - That's my girl. It's amazingly written, with an interesting story line. Thanks for everything, this chapter is dedicated to you.

--Please read the author's note at the end of the chapter--

Brooke’s POV

The room that Jace and I were assigned to was amazingly designed. With a king sized bed, and carpeted floors, it looked like a room out of a magazine. In all, it was perfect and I loved it. There was only one major problem – there was only one bed.

This meant, that Jace and I were hence forced to share the same bed during our stay at Panama, and there was absolutely nothing that could be done about it. Not for the first time, I cursed Jace’s stupid plan for us to act like a couple.

I perfectly understood his reason as to why this plan had to be carried out; with the war and everything else going on, he did not want any confusion that could distract anyone. This seemed like a relatively good plan, which could work without a doubt. It was too bad I absolutely hated this plan.

I sighed. There was no way out of this. I considered making a wall of pillows, like I did the last time. There were not as many pillows here, as in the pack house, however. So the wall of pillows could, unfortunately, not be built.

Jace had taken the first shower, and had just came out, all dressed and ready for bed. He wasn’t exactly dressed though. He didn’t have a shirt on, and was only dressed with some shorts. I averted my eyes. Don’t stare. Don’t stare. I kept repeating to myself. It was easier said than done. It took all my will power not to stare at his abs.

I dashed into the bathroom, telling him that I was about to have a bath.

It was already late at night, or early in the morning in this case. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do at that moment, was sleep. I took a quick bath, which I was positive could set an all-time world record. As soon as I came out of the shower and had dried myself with a towel I found, I realized that I was facing a major dilemma – I had completely forgotten to bring my clothes in to the bathroom with me.

I wrapped the towel around my body; it was too small however, and only reached the upper portion of my thigh, before stopping short. As much as I didn’t want to do it, I knew the only way to get my clothes, was to go out and get them myself. I didn’t want Jace looking at my undergarments. The awkwardness would be unbearable.

I took a deep breath, and opened the door slowly. “Close your eyes.” I instructed Jace.

“What? Why?” He was confused, no doubt.

“Just do it.” I commanded him. I gave him a few seconds to do as I said, then dashed out of the bathroom, towards my luggage. When I turned around to check on Jace, I nearly fainted. He had not closed his eyes. He was staring at me, and obviously checking me out. My eyes widened.

“I told you to close your eyes, you pervert!” I yelled at him, which only caused him to smirk in response. I gave him the meanest glare I could muster, before digging through my luggage, anxious to get my clothes out as soon as possible. I averted his eyes, and tried to hide the fiery blush that was already creeping up my neck.

Grabbing my pajamas, I dashed into the bathroom once more, and once more, heard the laughter of Jace. My blush deepened considerably. I yanked the clothes onto myself, muttering curse words under my breath.