Chapter 17 - The Note

Brooke's POV

"Hey Jace, can we go shopping? I need to get some clothes." I asked him, stepping into his room.

He sighed. "I would love to, but I have too much work to do, especially with the rogue problem. Why not you go with Taylor? Oh please bring Remy with you. " He seemed like he very much wanted to go, but apparently couldn't. And I couldn't blame him. With the problem of the rogues adding on to his work load, it has become pretty stressful for him these days.

The stress has clearly taken a toll on him. His eyes were now rimmed with a thin line of red, due to the lack of sleep. Nowadays, he barely eats, or goes out for that matter, no matter how much I try to coax him.  

I tried not to look disappointed at his answer. I merely nodded, and took the cash card that he was holding out to me. I mumbled a 'thanks' and walked out of his room, deciding to go and find Taylor and Remy.

I found Remy in the living room, and thankfully, she was able to go shopping with me. I pushed her into her room, telling her to hurry change so we could go out now. She smiled a little at my actions, but did as I said anyway.

"Taylor?" I called, walking towards her room. I knocked on her door, and upon hearing her call out for me to come in, I entered her room. As usual, her room was spotless clean. Nothing was out of place, which was a little strange for a nineteen year old girl.

"What's up?" She looked up from the book she was reading and asked. I briefly told her my plans, at which she nodded her head eagerly. If anything, shopping was her favourite pass time. I waved the cash card Jace gave me in her face, and she beamed. I have a feeling that Jace wasn't going to be too happy when he saw our shopping bill later on.

I left her room, so that she could get ready. I waited in the living room and turned the television on, deciding to watch some TV while waiting for Remy and Taylor. SpongeBob Squarepants was on, and I decided to watch it. Hey, don't judge. It's a cute show. Besides, I had nothing else to do.

Within minutes, both Remy and Taylor were ready, and with me in the living room. It suddenly occurred to me that they did not know each other at all. "Remy, this is Taylor, my best friend in the whole world. And Taylor, this is Remy, the pack assassin. Jace had her to watch over me. She'll come with us for shopping. That's fine right?"

They nodded their heads in agreement, and exchanged greetings. I was silently pleased that they were okay with each other, for it would have been awful if they didn't get along.

We left the house, driving in Remy's black SUV. Unlike the car ride with Jace, this car ride was far from awkward. The whole time, we were laughing and joking and singing along, very very loudly, to the songs on the radio.

We ended up at a mall, with Remy driving since she knew the way around better than we did. It was a totally different mall from the one Taylor and I had gone to before. This one was far bigger and better, though it was a bit further away than the last one and required a longer drive.

We got out of the car, and headed into the mall. The first thing that came to my mind, as soon as I stepped in, was that it was oddly empty, only a few people here and there. I found that really strange considering this was a huge mall. I glanced questioningly at Remy.

She shrugged, "This is a private mall. Jace owns it. Only his family and close friends can come in." She said it as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Why would Jace buy a mall?" I asked, chuckling a little.

She obviously was hesitant on replying me, but in the end, she did. "He said it would be for his mate... but I'm not that sure." This would've been a total 'aww' worthy moment, if it hadn't been for the fact that Remy was lying. Well, for half of her statement she was.