Chapter 6 - The date with Austin

Brooke's POV

"Okay. Take this, this, this and this. Now go try them on." Taylor ordered.

I sighed. We've been here for hours and I still haven't found a dress. I listened to Tay anyway and entered the dressing room. I looked through the four dresses, and picked out the only one that appealed to me.

It was wearing a green dress that complemented my forest green eyes, with a sweetheart neckline. It stopped mid thigh, showing just the right amount of my legs. It hugged my body so you could see all my curves.

This is so so so The Dress. I skipped out of the dressing room and met the wide eyes of Taylor.

"You HAVE to get that dress. It would be a pity if you don't. You look amazing Brooke!" She squealed, proud of herself for finding that dress.

I let Taylor pay for it and we headed to her car.

...

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I gasped. It couldn't be me. She was everything I wasn't. Beautiful, gorgeous, and absolutely stunning.

"Thank you so much Tay! I owe you one!" I hugged Taylor tight.

Yup, Taylor had helped me get ready for my date. She decided I looked my best with my hair down, so that was what she did to my hair. For my make up, she made my eyes into something she called "sunset eyes" but using different shades of green, instead of the usual red, orange and yellow you see in a sunset. She also put some blush on my cheeks and a pale pink lipstick.

She made me wear matching green flats, and silver bangles and loop earrings.

I looked hot.

We heard a knock on the door. I gave Taylor a quick hug before skipping down the stairs to greet Austin at the door.

"You ready? " I heard the husky voice of Austin. I nodded nervously. He took my hand and led me to his car.

"You look incredibly beautiful tonight, Brooke." He complemented me shyly. I blushed and thanked him.

After the 5 minute drive, we ended up.........on the beach?

I gave Austin a questioning look.

"You'll see." He smiled and took my hand again.

"OH MY GOSH! AUSTIN YOU DID THIS?"

He set up a candlelit dinner for us there. It was so beautiful. I gave him a peck on the cheek before heading over to sit down. This by far has to be the nicest thing anybody has ever done for me.

A waiter came to serve us our food - steak with mash potatoes and peas. Yum.

Dinner went by quickly, with Austin making small jokes while we ate. He's funny, I got to give him that.

I finished my last piece of steak, and let Austin hold my hand and bring me away from the table.

We walked on the beach, holding hands as we talked. He wanted to know more about me, and I gladly told him about myself. About Jace, my pack, even my family.

"My little sister, she was just 8. It was partially my fault that she died. See, before she passed, my mother died too. My mother told me to run, and to hide. Of course I listened to her, but I brought my sister along, or I tried to. I was supposed to go discreetly, but in order to get my sister, Hillary, who was standing right in the middle of the battlefield, I couldn't do it without anybody noticing. She was crying, and I was carrying her to where we were going to hide. But this man...he...he..." I tried telling him about my family but I wasn't ready. I was sobbing and I couldn't stop. Austin, being the nice guy he was, held me close to him and let me cry on his shirt. He said it was okay if I didn't want to tell him, but I surprisingly really wanted to tell him. Hillary and I were really close, despite the age difference, and her death really affected me. I've been holding it in ever since I met Jace and I couldn't put up the act anymore. I only met Austin for like 2 days and yet I feel like I could trust him.